Loosing members

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Rebel, Jun 29, 2007.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 30, 2007 #41

Rebel

Rebel

Rebel

Cannon MLF Supporter

Because it was people from here complaining about the joke he posted most likely.

2. Jun 30, 2007 #42

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

Your initial post is not why that forum is temporarily closed.

You are an asset to the Forum and I hope you will continue to be active here.

3. Jun 30, 2007 #43

Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Jumpshot

54 Cal.

Ah, got it.

4. Jul 1, 2007 #44

Blizzard of '93

Blizzard of '93

Blizzard of '93

Cannon

Yeah undertaker don't drag up. Post more fine fotos of that ornate 'continental' weaponry. And I hope you get a lead on the email threats(?) or whatever it was.

5. Jul 1, 2007 #45

I second that motion. You have helped me personally a few times over the last couple years. I don't forget a friendly gesture.
    The complaint from me was not about your initial post. The thread got out of hand because of several postings following yours that became hateful and I and others found it offensive. I know you well enough to know that you are not a hateful person UT. I am glad to see you are still here and I hope to enjoy more of your company around this fire.
    Cooner :hatsoff:

6. Jul 1, 2007 #46

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

If you'd like to forward me copies of those emails, I'd be glad to look into it. There's a lot you can tell from the "headers" (hidden code) in an email.

Don't copy the content of the email, but be sure to use the "forward" command when sending them to me.

7. Jul 1, 2007 #47

RC

RC

RC

75 Cal. MLF Supporter

I just hope someone finds the lowlife cowards! that's just wrong! one thing to be offended,but that don't make it right.. :cursing: RC

8. Jul 1, 2007 #48

RC

RC

RC

75 Cal. MLF Supporter

gees. :shake:

9. Jul 1, 2007 #49

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

Please allow me to clear this up.

The non-muzzleloading forum is closed because I chose to close it.

Calling other members "narrow-minded" will not help. If anything, it will only perpetuate the animosity that has already been generated buy the dialog over the past couple of days.

One way to ruin this for everyone is to keep taking shots at the other members and stirring the pot. I strongly suggest that everyone let this issue die.

This particular incident has been explained and in mind, it's been resolved. The question now is, will the non-muzzleloading forum remain closed permanently. That's up to the members and how they conduct themselves.

I would offer this advice to everyone. If you have a problem with another member, you'd best keep it out of the forums. Deal with your personal issues privately.

10. Jul 1, 2007 #50

davy

davy

davy

69 Cal.

What has happened here that we can not laugh at ourselves & with others here? I may post jokes here but many are pointed at my ownself .. have we come so far we cannot poke fun at ourselves and friends too? I personally consider the folks here friends ... are we not here to share & enjoy each other company?

Its a shame when we lose members over some stupidty as with what happened with Undertaker.

Whomever did this needs to stop it and we need to regain some balance, and our sense of humour on this site .. otherwise as an internet community we are doomed. Come on guys .. lets not do this! :surrender:

Davy

11. Jul 1, 2007 #51

rabbit03

rabbit03

rabbit03

50 Cal.

I sure hope you can find out who the perp(s) was Claud.

I also hope we can get that section of the forum back up again, kind of naked at the bottom of the site now!

Are there any amoung us who are not guilty of some kind of racisim or sexism in their lives at one time or another? Let them come forward and cast the first stone. Otherwise let's get back to the campfire. We need to stay on top of this political thing.

rabbit03

12. Jul 1, 2007 #52

I agree. The political forum could and should be a tool for us all to hang together on political issues that shape our country. A fine american once said, "If we don't hang together we shall all hang seperately". Remember it is a campfire and watch what is said as if we are face to face and there should be no problems.

13. Jul 1, 2007 #53

gmww

gmww

gmww

70 Cal.

I keep logging on and going strait to the bottom only to find nothing. It's going take a while to get used to that. :(

14. Jul 1, 2007 #54

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

Claude said: "Forums are set up so only those with permission may see and/or enter them. There are Administration forums here that only the Moderators can see...."

zonie :hmm:

15. Jul 1, 2007 #55

xxgrampa

xxgrampa

xxgrampa

45 Cal.

my goodness, i take a day or two off and this place falls apart..

all i can say is, stop all that nasty stuff. :nono: and, undertaker, you stay here...

now that i got all this settled, everyone please get back to posting good stuff..

..ttfn..grampa..

16. Jul 1, 2007 #56

Halftail

Halftail

Halftail

58 Cal.

Whew Grampa,
    Glad your[url] Back.Things[/url] was getting testy while you were away. :wink: :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  17. Jul 1, 2007 #57

shmrck1

shmrck1

shmrck1

Cannon

Andreas,
    I'm sure it is not any one thing that
    has brought about the demise of the
    non-M/L forum. I do know that you are
    a gentleman and would not intentionally
    offend anyone. What was said may very well
    have been a cultural thing. You are an asset
    to this forum and I hope you will be so for
    a long time.I hope we can all get past the
    :bull: M2C
    snake-eyes:surrender:

18. Jul 1, 2007 #58

shmrck1

shmrck1

shmrck1

Cannon

Zonie,
    Same as before: In the CRAPPER
    snake-eyes:hmm:

19. Jul 1, 2007 #59

soggy

soggy

soggy

50 Cal.

:shocked2: :shocked2: WOW! I know it ain't so...........but you sure sound like my old Grand Dad.... :thumbsup: You tell 'em Grampa !!!

20. Jul 1, 2007 #60

kenneth strickland

kenneth strickland

kenneth strickland

36 Cal.

One of my favorite aspects of the ML forum is hearing from many countries around the world whose muzzleloading interests are varied. I liked the rendezvous pictures from Finland, ornate firearm and cannon pictures from Germany and their ideas, hunting in Australia, hunting in New Zealand, big bore double pistol and rifles in South Africa. It is like finding messages in a bottle from far away. Remember what Ricardo Montalban told Merv Griffin when Merv made fun of his accent? People with an accent know at least two languages.