Loosing members

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
It is a real shame when the good members here get run off the forum by 1 or 2 people who only seem to be here to cause trouble. We have lost a member who actually contributed a lot to the forum (Undertaker)because of someone who contributes nothing but B.S. Wonder how many more will get tired and leave soon.

TANSTAAFL

Cannon
Reaction score
Rebel said:
It is a real shame when the good members here get run off the forum by 1 or 2 people who only seem to be here to cause trouble. We have lost a member who actually contributed a lot to the forum (Undertaker)because of someone who contributes nothing but B.S. Wonder how many more will get tired and leave soon.
What in the hell happened? Who did what to Undertaker?

Damit, he was one of my favorite people to converse and banter with.
:shake: :shake: :youcrazy: :youcrazy:

Doc Rogers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I cannot imagine that he was banned from the forum.

Did he voluntarily leave after the Mexican Joke flap?

I hope that he comes back as I, too, really enjoyed a lot of his posts.

Doc

tom hargrove

45 Cal.
Reaction score
this really sucks :cursing: guess M.L. and his boys are laughing at us now :cursing:

cheatherly

40 Cal.
Reaction score
With the political climate in our country now, the posts have gotten more and more hot. It is easy to get caught up in it. I think I'll try to stay out of it for a while.

tom hargrove

45 Cal.
Reaction score
yea your right , i should do the same but it`s hard not to speak your head when you know a subject is wrong,

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
IF I had it my way.....(just my opinion)
there would be no deep religion threads, no politics and no racial based stuff. Keep it to the main function of the site, which is "Traditional Muzzle loaders" and leave it at that.
Everyone has their own opinion on any given topic and by nature, we always feel what we have or use is the "only" way to go. Thats human nature.

The only battles here shuold be in the form of the classic..."Tastes great/Less filling"

everyone play nice and no one gets hurt.

50cal.cliff

58 Cal.
Reaction score
To Brett, Agree totally!!!!!!!!!!
Never loan money to a friend, never discuss religion or politics with a friend, best way I know of to lose a friend!

I think of this forum as a BIG campfire with a whole lot of folks from all over the world sitting here. Mexicans, Indians, Germans, Poles, Welsh, English, Australians, Canadians, etc. Not just different nationalities but different races.
Don't say anything around this campfire that you wouldn't say if it were a real campfire and we were all face to face.
That's the way I see it.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
50cal.cliff said:
To Brett, Agree totally!!!!!!!!!!
Never loan money to a friend, never discuss religion or politics with a friend, best way I know of to lose a friend!
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Doc Rogers said:
I cannot imagine that he was banned from the forum.

Did he voluntarily leave after the Mexican Joke flap?
I banned no one. Undertaker posted that he was "no longer a member", himself.

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
brett sr said:
IF I had it my way.....(just my opinion)
there would be no deep religion threads, no politics and no racial based stuff.
Racism has never been allowed on the Forum, nor will it be tolerated. If anyone thinks the illegal immigrate issue is about race, they'd best stay out of the discussions.

For years people complained that they couldn't discuss politics and or the 2nd Amendment. They finally get what they want and this is what happens.

I'll have to reconsider whether subjects other than muzzleloading will be allowed. Perhaps a permission based forum, for those who wish to participate in political discussions, would be an option?

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
50cal.cliff said:
That was my reasoning for never allowing discussions about Religion, Politics, Terrorism, or the 2nd Amendment.

Very recently, I changed the policy (religion is still not allowed), because I thought perhaps the members could make it work. I may have been wrong.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I like the political section.. I learn more on there than I do tryin to understand what they say on the news..opinions are good!..and this is just mine.. thanks claude! RC

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude said:
I'll have to reconsider whether subjects other than muzzleloading will be allowed. Perhaps a permission based forum, for those who wish to participate in political discussions, would be an option?

I think it was Barbara Bush who once stated the phrase..." Just say NO!"

this isnt the place nor the topics to discuss here. As we have all seen over time, it WILL offend someone and cause hard feelings and as a result, we lose some really good people and friends because of it.

also bear in mind, type written words are not strong in showing our body language, emotions and whether we are joking.

we need to elaborate our responses rather than one line "matter of factly" reponses so we dont come across as being cold and raising the hackles on readers backside.
more need for compassion, empathy and emotion.
maybe some reponses are best done through privat topic.

I like this forum for what Claude has made it and dont look forward to what he WILL HAVE TO MAKE IT.

best thing I have learned is to type it, read through it a few times, think about it...BEFORE hitting the almighty "enter" button!

scott k

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Very recently, I changed the policy (religion is still not allowed), because I thought perhaps the members could make it work. I may have been wrong.
I stay away from talking about things that might be a problem at work, I work with a load of libral union lovers.
If you don't like what someone writes, one post should be more than enuf.
It's not that hard to just walk away or shut your mouth. Is it?

Lehigh...

redwing

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Please keep this section. I can learn more about whats going on in the world, from Claude and Tans than from NBC or CBS. :thumbsup:

Jumpshot

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude said:
They finally get what they want and this is what happens.
Claude,
Then there was the guy that left because he couldn't discuss religion. No matter how you set it up, someone's not going to like it. Just the way people are. To be fair, if the reason Undertaker left is because of that racist joke thread, I think it was a little premature of him to take such a drastic step without without first waiting to see if you would delete it and warn everyone that that sort of thing isn't allowed. Nice guy he may be, and he had every right to be offended by it, but he immediately judged the forum based on the actions of one person (and perhaps the few that replied to the thread in agreement), which in my book means he didn't give you a fair shake.

Then again, he didn't give a reason for leaving, so it may have nothing to do with racists posts at all. I guess we'll never know.

Perhaps a permission based forum, for those who wish to participate in political discussions, would be an option?
How would that work?

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't know why Undertaker left, but I think we may be jumping to conclusions. I was wondering if it might not have been a post were someone spoke harshly about Germany. I have been trying to find the post ,but haven't been able to. It was not in the forum on politics I am fairly sure.
Old Charlie

Latest posts