• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Looks like the Log Cabin Shop has had a data breach

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Work up this morning to 400+ spam emails. The vast majority were confirming sign-ups to pages, newsletters, etc. I use iCloud’s “Hide my email” for all of my web transactions. ALL the spam came back to the email assigned to the LCS when I ordered from them. I’ve deactivated that email mask. Just a word of warning for folks. Not bashing them in the least, love the products and service I got, they apparently just don‘t the greatest web security.

Got the same thing happening from Ted Cash website. Ordered yesterday evening, hammered today. Only site ordered from and no spam prior. Haven't ordered from LCS ever.

I don't have look back capability so could it be something else going?

Last edited:
Great I just got my order fro Log Cabin last week. So far no spam or CC issues. Fingers crossed.

they apparently just don‘t the greatest web security.
2 hypothetical scenarios with this business:

Scenario 1: Flash mob of 'teens' show up at business. All with hoodies and their face maskies on. They rush in the store, knock the lady down, strip the store, and jump into their KIA's and Hyundai's to take off with the loot. They sell all the goodies at pawn stores or swap meets.

Scenario 2: Group of script kiddies set up a Denial Of Service attack on the company's web site. Crash it from thousands of zombie computers(computers that their users are unaware that there is malicious code running) logging onto the site and doing thousands of web requests per second, and gain access to the server's database to get their customer information. They then sell this info to vendors on the dark web for resell. They take the credit card info to start ordering goodies to be dropped shipped to safe addresses around the country. These houses are mostly in peaceful neighborhoods with elderly residents that don't go out much, they use the tracking numbers to be waiting a couple of houses down for delivery, and swoop in on bicycles when the package hits the front porch to be off without any identifying items shown. Big profit even if only a small percentage of orders are go through.

In Scenario 1, everyone blames the 'teens' for everything under the sun.
In Scenario 2, everyone blames the store for not having proper security against the latest attack protocol.

This makes as much sense as blaming the store owners in Scenario 1 for not having a platoon of Marines plus a couple of drones with HellFire missiles backing them up as store security.

2 hypothetical scenarios with this business:

Scenario 1: Flash mob of 'teens' show up at business. All with hoodies and their face maskies on. They rush in the store, knock the lady down, strip the store, and jump into their KIA's and Hyundai's to take off with the loot. They sell all the goodies at pawn stores or swap meets.

Scenario 2: Group of script kiddies set up a Denial Of Service attack on the company's web site. Crash it from thousands of zombie computers(computers that their users are unaware that there is malicious code running) logging onto the site and doing thousands of web requests per second, and gain access to the server's database to get their customer information. They then sell this info to vendors on the dark web for resell. They take the credit card info to start ordering goodies to be dropped shipped to safe addresses around the country. These houses are mostly in peaceful neighborhoods with elderly residents that don't go out much, they use the tracking numbers to be waiting a couple of houses down for delivery, and swoop in on bicycles when the package hits the front porch to be off without any identifying items shown. Big profit even if only a small percentage of orders are go through.

In Scenario 1, everyone blames the 'teens' for everything under the sun.
In Scenario 2, everyone blames the store for not having proper security against the latest attack protocol.

This makes as much sense as blaming the store owners in Scenario 1 for not having a platoon of Marines plus a couple of drones with HellFire missiles backing them up as store security.
I don’t fault the business, that’s stated in my initial post. I just want folks to be alert to possible suspicious activity.

No, I haven‘t. Due my hearing loss from Ménière’s, I can’t use the phone any longer.
I called them today, they were unaware of any breech . I placed an order a week or so ago and so far no spam emails or CC hacks. You may have something corrupt in your comp.

I called them today, they were unaware of any breech . I placed an order a week or so ago and so far no spam emails or CC hacks. You may have something corrupt in your comp.
Possible, but I don’t think so. It was an iCloud ‘Hide My email’ forward done through Apple cloud. I don’t use any computers, everything is done on my iPhone or iPad. The LCS was the only email address compromised, no other HME address was utilized by the spammers. I continued to get spam throughout the day (I was down due to an vertigo attack). As soon as I deactivated the redirect address, the spam stopped completely. I think it’s safe to postulate that this occurred on the interwebs between me and the LCS.

Possible, but I don’t think so. It was an iCloud ‘Hide My email’ forward done through Apple cloud. I don’t use any computers, everything is done on my iPhone or iPad.
That's the problem your having, not the vendor, not the email addy.
Apple security has been recently compromised, the issue is current with info widely available to those willing to look outside of the apple updates.
Don't drink the cool aid,,

Possible. I also got notice about 4 attempted fraudulent charges of my C/C using that email addy.
In December after a purchase with The Log Cabin Shop….(and another muzzleloader parts supplier) I got notified of possible fraudulent charges. Had to cancel the card…cost me nothing…but it is a PIA….
In no way am I bashing the vendor….some how the would-be thieves got my CC info and tried buying expensive stuff…my CC company luckily asked me if I am in fact buying this stuff before they OK payment.

Last edited:
In December after a purchase with The Log Cabin Shop….(and another muzzleloader parts supplier) I got notified of possible fraudulent charges. Had to cancel the card…cost me nothing…but it is a PIA….
In no way am I bashing the vendor….some how the would-be thieves got my CC info and tried buying expensive stuff…my CC company luckily asked me if I am in fact buying this stuff before they OK payment.
I've had that happen about five times in the last couple years. Apparently my CC carrier has a pretty good idea of what I buy, and might buy, plane tickets to Pakistan isn't on the list, so they re-issue me a new card every time.
Robby

Back