• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking to join or create a ML group in middle Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I'm in Nashivlle too but I don't have a gun yet. haven't decided if I want to buy or build and I have option paralysis with all of our options :lel:

Hey I'm in Nashivlle too but I don't have a gun yet. haven't decided if I want to buy or build and I have option paralysis with all of our options :lel:
It will be extremely difficult (hard on your patience) to build when you don't already have one to shoot. When building a rifle you need to savor the time building, not fantasize about how much fun it will be to shoot. Most people will hurry and do a poor job. By all means get one to shoot first while you are trying to figure out what you want to build. Just my two cents.
Larry

It will be extremely difficult (hard on your patience) to build when you don't already have one to shoot. When building a rifle you need to savor the time building, not fantasize about how much fun it will be to shoot. Most people will hurry and do a poor job. By all means get one to shoot first while you are trying to figure out what you want to build. Just my two cents.
Larry

Your two cents has been my thought for the past few days as I've been researching which kit/style of flintlock I want. I am really partial to a Lehigh Valley/Allentown rifle, But my ADD is telling me to buy something more simple and shoot it a bunch before I dedicate time into a build.

Jimmy, by all means BUY before you build. And TRY before you buy. Most muzzleloaders will gladly let you try their gun so you can get a feel for what they look like, how they feel, and how they appeal to you. Part of that decision process is likely to be whether you are just wanting to shoot black powder or you want to portray a particular era in history. I'd be happy to talk with you about all that. Email: [email protected]

Back