• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking to get a flintlock long rifle!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a Pedersoli Pennsylvania Hunter flintlock in .45 cal. Very nice piece looking forward to shooting it.

Howdy folks, I’m new to this forum but I’m really diggin it so far! I’ve been into black powder shooting off and on for quite some time but I’ve recently been getting back into it. So much fun and man have I missed it! However, I’ve never owned a flintlock rifle before. I’m looking for a decent Pennsylvania or Kentucky style rifle (I own a hawken style cap lock). I’ve looked at custom guns but for now I was kinda thinking on getting a production rifle just to get my feet wet sort of speak. I’m also open to the idea of building one from a kit as I’m familiar with woodworking. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! I was also wondering if anyone from the New England area (I’m in Rhode Island) knew of any local shops around that keep a decent selection of traditional blackpowder arms and supplies on hand. Most I know carry mostly tacticool stuff. Thanks!!

Currently at Autumn Gun Works in Goshen.... 20190621_132145.jpg

Howdy folks, I’m new to this forum but I’m really diggin it so far! I’ve been into black powder shooting off and on for quite some time but I’ve recently been getting back into it. So much fun and man have I missed it! However, I’ve never owned a flintlock rifle before. I’m looking for a decent Pennsylvania or Kentucky style rifle (I own a hawken style cap lock). I’ve looked at custom guns but for now I was kinda thinking on getting a production rifle just to get my feet wet sort of speak. I’m also open to the idea of building one from a kit as I’m familiar with woodworking. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! I was also wondering if anyone from the New England area (I’m in Rhode Island) knew of any local shops around that keep a decent selection of traditional blackpowder arms and supplies on hand. Most I know carry mostly tacticool stuff. Thanks!!
In Rhode Island U are close to Tiverton Rifle & pistol Club, Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford,Leominster Mountain Men as places to shoot guns are always for sale!

I live in Maine. Would meet you in Kittery if you like. I have an Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle, .50 flinter. I would like to sell. Unfired. Lock upgraded by L&R (have receipt and old parts). includes extra flints, box of round balls, a bunch of maxiballs. $350. PM me if interested

You all need to drive to my house in southern Maine, I'm buying another piece of land and I have some custom built rifles that I will sell. A pedersoli silver star(not custom) A Garner(Miss.), a rare Leroy Fleanor(Tenn), a Bruce Bean(Maine)$750- 1800 range
A Hacker Martin percussion also.
Nit Wit

You all need to drive to my house in southern Maine, I'm buying another piece of land and I have some custom built rifles that I will sell. A pedersoli silver star(not custom) A Garner(Miss.), a rare Leroy Fleanor(Tenn), a Bruce Bean(Maine)$750- 1800 range
A Hacker Martin percussion also.
Nit Wit

Pics or specs of said rifles?

Back