• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Looking for someone to finish up a project for me.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadben

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Alright guys, so no making jokes at my expense. But I've gotten in over my head with a building project. I don't know that I'm in over my head in terms of my skills, but way over my head in terms of time. I picked up a kit over the summer to be a fun project. Bottom line is I've been slammed at work and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's leaving me no time to work on this kit. And I'm sick of seeing it sitting out on my bench.

So I'm looking for someone I can pay a couple hundred bucks to finish building this thing for me. It's a TVM Tennessee rifle in 54 cal flint with a single set trigger. I've done a little of the woodwork (inletted the lock, installed the cap and started on the butt plate). I've also browned most of the small parts (the lock, the trigger guard, trigger, cap). And I've staked the tennons in the barrel and inletted them. But I haven't finished the stock shaping or inletted any other parts, nor have I browned the barrel or the butt plate. And, of course, I haven't finished shaping the wood.

I would kind of like to finish the wood myself (the staining and oiling, not the shaping), but am looking for someone who can finish browning the barrel, brown the other small parts that are left, finish the ramrod, finish all the wood fitting and shaping, install the sights, and basically get it to where staining and oiling the wood is all that's left. I have all the parts necessary and can send along the browning solution I have.

I'm happy to send pictures to anyone interested. Also, if you are interested I wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of your projects.

Shoot me a PM or an email if yer interested. (or just shoot me an email at bweber(at)webuildnetworks.com)

Thanks,

Ben

I have to ask, since you say that you just don't have the time.
Are you in a hurry to have this thing finished, or do you just have a hard time devoting the time to it?

I have projects in my shop that have been ongoing for years and I've learned to live with that although it also drives me nuts at times. Now and then I'll lose interest, get busy with other stuff, etc. but just as often I'm glad to have something to work on that I enjoy. If you're not working against a dead line it seems silly to give up on it.

Just a thought...

Yeah, it's kind of like that. I don't really have a deadline, though I'd like to get it done by the spring. (That's not likely to happen here as I don't have a heated shop and it's presently 4 degrees out.)

I may just keep it here and keep picking away at it. But I figured I'd put it out there in case anyone's interested in finishing up the job.

I may give Matt a call and see if he's interested in finishing it up. That's a good idea.

Ben

Latest posts

Back