Looking for Black Powder

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for 3F black powder. Anyone know of a place that has it in stock? Thanks!

Cattywompuss

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Graf and Sons did recently. No Swiss when I ordered but they had Goex, Schutzen and their own brand made by Goex

Cattywompuss

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked, they have Schutzen 3f still and one pound of Old Eynesford left. Grab it right dang now if you are gonna get it.

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm located in Central Kentucky. I just went to Graf and Sons site and they only have one, one pound can, of Schutzen 3f in stock. With shipping and hazardous materials fee, that one pound would cost almost $55.00. If I could order more than one pound and reduce the cost per pound, I would, but $55.00 for one pound is a little too steep! Any other site that y'all know of that might have 3F BP?

leadhoarder

40 Cal
Reaction score
Powdervalley has GOEX and Schuetzen in stock.

deermanct

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm located in Central Kentucky. I just went to Graf and Sons site and they only have one, one pound can, of Schutzen 3f in stock. With shipping and hazardous materials fee, that one pound would cost almost $55.00. If I could order more than one pound and reduce the cost per pound, I would, but $55.00 for one pound is a little too steep! Any other site that y'all know of that might have 3F BP?
Graf has a 4 pound minimum order.

OldRust

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Maine Powder House is a good one but I think they have a 25 lb min order. Our gun shops here in SE PA seem to have a steady supply but 2 of the 3 shops within an hour of me are dedicated BP Muzzleloader gun shops so I'm sure that helps. Its running $22-$26 a lb on average. I was hoping to direct you to them if you were closer to my area.

Sorry I couldn't help & the best of luck

Thanks
O.R.

deermanct

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Midway USA has Goex 3f powder in stock. 2 pound maximum order.
It's about 22 dollars a pound, don't know about hazmat or shipping costs.

Justin.44

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Powdervalley has GOEX and Schuetzen in stock.

@starman, I would definitely go to the link leadhoarder provided. They have Goex for $20/lb. In stock. Doesn't look like there's a minimum order, but I would do at least 5 to cut the hazmat fee per pound down a little. I added 5 to my cart and it came out to $138 after shipping and hazmat, which is $27.60/lb. Better than I paid online recently with Buffalo Arms.

DeeTV

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I just put 10 pounds of Schuetzen in my cart at Grafs. The quantity defaults to 1 when you select an item you need to change it to what you want then add to your cart.

Reactions: smo

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
Reaction score

Daryl Crawford

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Maine Powder House is a good one but I think they have a 25 lb min order. Our gun shops here in SE PA seem to have a steady supply but 2 of the 3 shops within an hour of me are dedicated BP Muzzleloader gun shops so I'm sure that helps. Its running $22-$26 a lb on average. I was hoping to direct you to them if you were closer to my area.

Sorry I couldn't help & the best of luck

Thanks
O.R.
We are fortunate here in Eastern PA to have access. I never really stocked up because I didn't know their was a shortage. Now I am starting to keep a bit more around, but still have had no issues getting it from Dixons, which is only a 15 minute ride.

Versanaut

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Ordered from Crater Fireworks (Addicted to black powder) about a month ago. I ordered a case and he had GOEX ship it to my house. Arrived within 2 weeks. Otherwise he keeps a good stock of all kinds of powder and I believe sells in smaller quantities. Can even pick it up 'bagged' if you are near him.

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all, for your replies. I ordered powder from Powder Valley. For todays prices, it was a good deal!
Heck of a coincidence because Deer Creek Gun Shop in Marietta, GA does too. Tiny little shope, but the only place in Georgia that really specializes in muzzleloading.
Thanks for the information. I live in Cumming. As soon as I get a chance , I'll check out Deer Creek Gun Shop. Google Maps shows the shop is only 46 minutes from me.

Cattywompuss

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all, for your replies. I ordered powder from Powder Valley. For todays prices, it was a good deal!

Thanks for the information. I live in Cumming. As soon as I get a chance , I'll check out Deer Creek Gun Shop. Google Maps shows the shop is only 46 minutes from me.
Yeah, you should definitely go see them. It's an old school shop, parts bins everywhere, but they have flints and powder and accessories and a bunch of cool muzzleloaders. Someone tried to rob them a few years ago and swat was there super fast. Anyway, I used to live about 30 minutes away, but even now I will make the 1.5 hour trip up there.

Latest posts