• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for advise and guidance on a build.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Smidgin Injun
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
Gentleman, I was fortunate enough to attend an auction in which nobody else was a muzzleloader fan. I snagged a nearly complete rifle kit including long rifle stock, 44 inch Douglas 40 cal barrel (new), brass hardware (as cast) and a caplock (new). Basically everything needed except a breech plug. Lets just say I picked it up for a song.

This will be my 1st custom build. Stock is basic shaped, barrel is inlet and ramrod hole drilled. The lock has not been inlet and given that fact, I would like to go Flintlock rather than with the Caplock that came with it. I would like to keep the build rather basic since it will be my 1st, so I'm thinking possibly poor boy. My question is what Flintlock to buy for a small caliber poor boy rifle? I assume a small lock wood be best. Any suggestions on brand or would you go another route?

20190113_190521.jpg

Latest posts

Back