• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED looking for a TC Renegade Tumbler.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this is the one @BruceS was referring to above: LOCK-TC-TU

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/0/1/LOCK-TC-TU
I'd imagine they can arrange international shipping to Australia, though I can't imagine its inexpensive. Might be a good opportunity to add some other widgets to the order, TotW has a lot of good stuff.

But hopefully someone has a loose one floating around they could send you for significantly less, good luck in your search!

Not only will you run afoul of ITAR, you will be violating Australian firearms import laws if you ship one.

ITAR
https://www.export.gov/article2?id=...ionsInternational-Traffic-in-Arms-Regulations
Australian Border Regs

A muzzleloader is a class A/B firearm.

https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-exporting-and-manufacturing/prohibited-goods/categories/firearms
Firearm Parts
To import firearm parts into Australia, importers must first obtain written certification from the police firearms or weapons registry in their state or territory or written permission to import from the Attorney-General's Department prior to importation.

Firearms parts, whether or not complete, damaged, temporarily or permanently inoperable or unfinished, include:
  • a trigger mechanism

Last edited:
It has become so complicated and the various countries have become so over reactive, that the squeeze isn't worth the juice. While I feel sorry for our friends in those countries, it really is up to them to change their laws and not for us to try to skirt them.

I had several sidelock leaf mainsprings for my SxS shotguns sit in Spain for months on end, before the sender could get the export permission from the Spanish Guardia Civil.....even though the springs were not a restricted item to import to the USA.

It is mind boggling. Some retailers in the USA require you to certify you will not be exporting your parts purchase (an end user statement/certificate). While we don't classify muzzleloader parts that way, most countries do and Australia is one of them.

Hell, you even have to go through a FFL holder to send muzzleloaders to some States in the USA. God forbid you try to take any type of gun part on your carry on luggage in the USA, muzzleloader or not.

For example read below:

International purchase information

Brownells​

Part 1: General Information, International​

There are a number of items which Brownells sells that may require either US State Department approval or Department of Commerce approval and an export license is necessary before they can be shipped out of the United States. The regulations are complex and constantly changing but our staff is here to help you understand what is needed and will gladly work with you to correctly accomplish the task.
Generally speaking, items which need a license are:
  • Firearms
  • Firearms Parts
  • Optical Sights
  • Reloading Components
Licenses from the US State Department and the Department of Commerce take time to receive. It can easily take 30-60 days to obtain an export license, so plan ahead accordingly.
Brownells has an obligation to monitor our shipments for both direct and indirect exports. A direct export is when an order is placed by someone outside of the United States and then ships out of the US when all the required licenses and have been successfully issued for that order. An indirect export is where an order is placed by a customer outside of the US and then is shipped to another location within the United States. Both of these examples could need an export license to take place. Generally speaking it is Brownells policy not to ship any order to a known forwarder or carrier within the United States that is not preapproved by us.

For firearms, firearms parts, on some other items you will be required to provide an import permit or certificate from your government for us to include along with the export application for you order. If your country does not require an import license, you will need to post us a certified letter reflecting this information.

Last edited:
Back