• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

looking for a experienced builder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a percussion rifle that need to be built i have all the parts including the stock which has been channeled for my rice 7/8 straight barrel .36 cal and the lock has been inletted the rest of the build need to be completed.

If it is just a barrel inlet into a blank or a precarve, you may find someone to do it.

Allot of builders (myself included) will not even think of building a rifle that someone else started. The younger builders may take them on just to get the work, & because they don't know any better. :idunno:

Of the several times I have talked myself into "Diving into someone else's Mess" I call it, it usually ended up with me starting over, or promptly getting rid of it. Because of initial errors in hand that were done prior to me getting the piece, it is usually why the first guy didn't go on with it. I have bought 4 partially done rifles in the past ? 10 years. Of them I finished 1. Two I sold As-Is because the inletting was pitiful (You can hide ALLOT with photographs). The last one I ended up scrapping the stock & used the parts on other rifles.

Basics.... on a build are very important, as if not correct, can be like a snowball going downhill... :doh:

I am going to send you a PM.

Keith Lisle

Stuffer, may I suggest you contact Dane Lund (smallpatch). He is in the Phoenix area and his work is spectacular. He is often up on this forum and perhaps he will pipe up. If not send me a pm and I'll forward his contact info.

yeah it's the same guy he's already working on a project for me and he will build my rifle for me i thought when i last spoke to him he was not interested but there was a miscommunication so i'm all set thanks for the help !!

Back