• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Looking for a 44 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewer12345

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am looking for a 44 cal 1858 with an 8 inch barrel, ideally a Pietta. I would love to find one with adjustable rear sights, and stainless would be nice, but a clean gun that functions well would do. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

There are some available still at Dixie and they take a month or so to ship, but they do ship. I have six coming this week.

There always seems to be a number of Remington reproductions and originals listed at any given time on a certain auction website. Just now I saw a stainless steel for model for sale.

I’ve noticed in the past few weeks that 1858 Remington reproductions are commanding very high prices, some used guns selling for more than their brand-new-in-the-box counterparts. I know everything firearms-related is going up but why the high cost of these Remingtons in particular?

It's because people don't want to wait and anything in hand right now is a premium. Remingtons are every bit as good as any modern firearm. Even the brass frame ones are tack drivers and with the johnson and dow bullet you are talking real ballistics.

did you find a .44 1858 remington? what was your preference? Uberti or Pietta? if you have larger hands, you might like the Pietta as it is a little bigger frame. Uberti is closer to the original, but the trigger guard is tight on my finger keeping constant contact with the trigger. Pietta has a little more room.

I actually bought the beautiful Uberti recently listed by jonathan butcher and it is on its way to me now.

I've got a brasser I could part with. I doubt it's been shot. I'll get pics when I get home. Pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back