• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Looking for a .32 Cal Percussion Rifle Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Greetings!

I am looking for a .32 cal percussion rifle kit, or possibly a .36 cal.
I would prefer a .32 cal.
I was thinking about digging around for the parts to assemble one, however I believe I would rather pick up a kit. This will be my first build in quite a few years, but I built and helped some friends build CVA kits in the early 80’s, so I do have a bit of experience. I always wanted a .32 and it would be a nice build for my re-entry into BP. It does not have to be anything special as it seems from what I have read, most kits will be good shooters when built right.
I have a budget of around $400.

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully a member has a kit for sale to help him out. At least there is something out there to nearly meet his requirements.

It's always a great price when they aren't available.

True. I do like the Crockett!

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully a member has a kit for sale to help him out. At least there is something out there to nearly meet his requirements.

I am hoping someone on the forum might have a kit they would part with.

Deer Creek Products are sold out also

Last edited:
That is the only place I have seen with one in stock. The price with shipping puts it out of my price range.
I don’t know what you expect to pay for what you’re looking for, but given the current state of affairs in the gun industry right now, “in stock“ trumps price. I had to pay a little too much for Blackhorn powder last week, but I was finally able to buy some. I look at guns as an investment I can “amortize” out of the rest of my life, so price is an even lesser concern.

I don’t know what you expect to pay for what you’re looking for, but given the current state of affairs in the gun industry right now, “in stock“ trumps price. I had to pay a little too much for Blackhorn powder last week, but I was finally able to buy some. I look at guns as an investment I can “amortize” out of the rest of my life, so price is an even lesser concern.

Retrieverman, sage words.

I will call or email Emporium, and maybe a couple other companies. There are a few sites, where I have actually gotten to the checkout section of their webpage, to see if the .32 is actually in stock.

If one of those companies would happen to have one, I will have a council with my CFO to see if I can pick one up.

You are correct! It is a long term investment.

If I find that no .32's available, I will check around for some other kit to build. A Hawken or a Kentucky long rifle would also suit me just fine.

You can order it from their website. That's how I found out if they had in stock. I added then removed it from cart.
I've seen the Crockett for sale a few times on some sites for around 600 dollars.
Good luck with your new project.

I would look for a shop that has the Crockett as "new/old stock" or NOS. I was able to buy one that was made in 1997 IIRC that had been sitting in the store for 20+ years still in the original unopened box. They had about a dozen of them but that was two years ago. If not then save up for a good quality kit or one in the white which has everything done except the finish. You will be better off in the long run paying more for a quality rifle that is trouble free and that is nice enough that you won't want to upgrade or move up from quickly. Plus, you can get a rifle that fits you instead of you having to fit yourself to the rifle in case you have a more or less than average length of pull. It makes a difference having something that you can shoulder with your eyes closed that has the sights lined up when you open them and something that you have to think about and hold a certain way to be on target. Food for thought, your mileage may vary.
PS- my NOS Crockett rifle cost $350 plus shipping so I would never pay nearly double for one that is used or even an unshot safe queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back