• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking At Wall Tents, Who Has The Best All Around?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are on our second tent from Tentsmiths. I have not seen a better made tent than those they make & they are extremely helpful with advise & suggestions. Not the cheapest but you seldom get something that you don't pay for (in one way or another).

Coot said:
We are on our second tent from Tentsmiths. I have not seen a better made tent than those they make & they are extremely helpful with advise & suggestions. Not the cheapest but you seldom get something that you don't pay for (in one way or another).

I will look into them

We camped in a Panther 8 x 10 w/30" walls. It is a well made tent and served us well but a little small for our needs. We replaced it with a 9 x 12 w/ 6' walls marquee which we like a lot. (Also a Panther Primitives tent.) I'll not offer the wall tent for sale here because it's against the rules. We will be at the upcoming Southeastern in N. Carolina. (wink)

I got a wall tent from Fall Creek Sutlery this summer and I am very pleased with it. :thumbsup:
The cost was low,I liked the sod cloth at the bottom and others here and at camps had good things to say about there tents.

Panther primatives or RK lodges is who I would pick. There is actually a nice one cheap in the Classifieds under General Merchandice. Good luck.
Aim small, miss small...

I'm looking too.I've almost purchased the "Large Wall Tent" from Blockade Runner.It just hard to do when you have two campers and four tents already.A good cot and a wood heater would be nice for a three day hunt though.

Mine is made by Kuick Kamp out of Oregon. 10X12 Have lived in it all of Aug and Sept. Well made and easy to set up.I would only change to next size up 12X14. once you start living in them you will see why. good luck.

I have a very old RK that I took in trade for a gun, and two Panther Primitive tents, a baker, 10x10 wall and a 15x15 Marquis. The 10x 10 wall tent is made of Sunforger. great quality. Did winter camping in it, with a small Jotul wood stove. It got down to 15 degrees outside and stayed snug and warm with the stove. Just a couple of candles will raise the inside temperature by 10 degrees in temperate weather. Wall tents can be difficult for a single person to set up and require a number of poles. For ease of packing and set up a pyramid may be better.

I have a 10 x 12 Panther Primitive wall tent with 4' walls. Love it, but chose the heavier canvas. I am getting ready to replace it with Sunforger. I can put it up by myself, but the heavier weight is becoming a bear. Tentsmiths is a super quality tent, but sizes are limited unless you go custom. Panther tents are also sized as quoted. With a Panther 10' is 10', not 9 1/2'.

just gave an old Tentsmiths to a friend. It was near 20 years old, used hard but taken care of, n still has a lot of years in it. Went with the sunforger from the git go. The care ya give the tent after an event will make a HUGE difference on how long it lasts. Make sure it is COMPLETELY DRY before ya put it away n protect it from mice if ya can. Any moisture in the cloth when ya store it will shorten the life of the canves alot. Mold mildew etc will eat it up in a couple years if stored damp. Tentsmiths may be a bit more expensive but IMHO are worth it in the long haul.oh yea, whatever fly yer thinking will be big enough, buy the next size up at least. Ya spend the majority of yer time outside under the fly, cooking, sitting n relaxing, having a cold one, cleaning yer gun, if the fly is to small yer bumping into each other if ya move around any. Ya may want to think of material for walls off the fly, real nice to have when the weather sours n its blowing a bit. make sure ya got plenty of room, all ya do is sleep n change cloths IN the tent, the fly to me anyway is the more important item. --just some thoughts YMHS Birdman

i just started going to rondezvous last year,started with a bell,traded it for a handmade capote,90% of tents in the 6 i attended were strinz made,this spring i got a 12 x 14 wall tent,stove,brazier,the works,i,ve been to 5 rondies with it plus a week in the bush recently muzzlehunting with my flintlocks in temp. at nite going down to 15 to 20 deg f.I will be attending more rondy,s next year but i also will be hunting more,and i now have a longer list of buddies that want to go hunting .i don,t know if i should curse strinz or not(i spent a lot ,but i,m happy) ,but i,m defiantly going to buy other products from him, an no i,m not related to him ,i believe he,s bout 800m south of me

Latest posts

Back