• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Look what I found.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever the merits of Curtis & Harvey Powder. Bill Curtis wont object as he unfortunatly died last week. He was an extremely good scholar and Rifle shot plus internationaly renowned for his books & researches . & a personal friend of many years.
Regarding the powder I am currently using C&H number 4 which hasn't been made since the mid 60 s I bought 7 pounds of old stuff mixed it all up & cooked it in pottery bowls in the hot NZ summer sun then
decanted it thus getting no variation of batches Their F wasn't so big & considered suitable for Enfield while 3 f was thought better for shotguns & pistols .If as ever there where no hard & fast rules & each had his pet notions then as now . I have fired cannon powder in cannons . I deffer to Felt wad on duck guns he'.
s forgotten more than most shooters will ever know . ( He could give Colonel Hawker tips .) .
Rudyard (One D)

Whatever the merits of Curtis & Harvey Powder. Bill Curtis wont object as he unfortunatly died last week. He was an extremely good scholar and Rifle shot plus internationaly renowned for his books & researches . & a personal friend of many years.
Regarding the powder I am currently using C&H number 4 which hasn't been made since the mid 60 s I bought 7 pounds of old stuff mixed it all up & cooked it in pottery bowls in the hot NZ summer sun then
decanted it thus getting no variation of batches Their F wasn't so big & considered suitable for Enfield while 3 f was thought better for shotguns & pistols .If as ever there where no hard & fast rules & each had his pet notions then as now . I have fired cannon powder in cannons . I deffer to Felt wad on duck guns he'.
s forgotten more than most shooters will ever know . ( He could give Colonel Hawker tips .) .
Rudyard (One D)
Sorry to here of Bill Curtis death his knowledge on antique arms will never be surpassed had many a conversation with him he is a big loss for muzzle loading shooters.
Feltwad

Back