• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Look what followed me home....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a great find! That rifle is probably happy to be in the hands of someone who appreciates it! We will be looking forward to a field test report, and a few more pictures.

Forum member @plmeek put together a nice history of the Ithaca Hawken on the GRRW Collector website. I hope he won't mind if I provide a link: The Ithaca Hawken

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Notchy Bob

Wow, what a great find! That rifle is probably happy to be in the hands of someone who appreciates it! We will be looking forward to a field test report, and a few more pictures.

Forum member @plmeek put together a nice history of the Ithaca Hawken on the GRRW Collector website. I hope he won't mind if I provide a link: The Ithaca Hawken

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Notchy Bob
Thanks Bob. I’ve read all the reports on GRRW site about the Ithaca and other names on its pass history. Glad there’s a site and person to share all the information.

Great find, congratulations! A blast from 20th century past. You know, the good old days when some great traditional and often historically correct guns were being produced. GRRW, Sharon, Ozark Mountain Arms, Allen Firearms Uberti Hawken and of course your Ithaca Hawken find to name a few.

Thanks for sharing, somehow it feels good to know there are still fine examples of classics past out there.

Yep, we had a golden opportunity in the 70-80's to pick up some great Muzzleloaders but what did we do ?

Wasted our hard earned on frivolous floozie girls and hot Cars to impress them.

I found a stash of 10 Buckskinner Magazines from the 70's in my shipping container here a couple of weeks ago, didnt they take me back.

I found a Hawken at a semi local gun shop. It's an old Ithaca / Navy Arms Hawken in 50 cal. Everything is in great shape. I you find the set trigger takes a bit of pulling to set it. I've opened her up and everything looks good in the trigger assy and lock.

View attachment 108717View attachment 108718
I’m NEW on here and I can’t seem to find out how to POST something. I wanted to warn ppl about a SCAMMER? THANKS for any help…..

Latest posts

Back