• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Look at what I came upon...What is it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I came across this little .36. Its in pretty decent shape. Bore is bright and clean but the patches are picking up a touch of rust with ballisol from the snail/fire channel. Wood has some very minor dings, the ramrod is fiberglass, almost looks like it has fittings that were actually made for it. Its only got two "Spots" on on the metal, one at the very end of the barrel near the crown, Looks like it rode on someone's floorboard and a small scratch under the Makers Mark. Would it be worth trying some evaporust through the snail and nipple? Too bad its right handed. Looking for a ramrod for it, TOTW are on BO. Thinking its a keeper. Wonder what something like this is worth? It is a Seneca right?

RM

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8643.JPG

IMG_8645.JPG

IMG_8644.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

IMG_8649.JPG

Thinking it was made in late 70's thoughts?

IMG_8650.JPG
IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8654.JPG

So I came across this little .36. Its in pretty decent shape. Bore is bright and clean but the patches are picking up a touch of rust with ballisol from the snail/fire channel. Wood has some very minor dings, the ramrod is fiberglass, almost looks like it has fittings that were actually made for it. Its only got two "Spots" on on the metal, one at the very end of the barrel near the crown, Looks like it rode on someone's floorboard and a small scratch under the Makers Mark. Would it be worth trying some evaporust through the snail and nipple? Too bad its right handed. Looking for a ramrod for it, TOTW are on BO. Thinking its a keeper. Wonder what something like this is worth? It is a Seneca right?

RM

View attachment 96428

View attachment 96429

View attachment 96430

View attachment 96431

View attachment 96432

View attachment 96433

View attachment 96435
View attachment 96436

View attachment 96437
Neat little .32!

RM

View attachment 96428

View attachment 96429

View attachment 96430

View attachment 96431

View attachment 96432

View attachment 96433

View attachment 96435
View attachment 96436

View attachment 96437
Evaporust will remove the bluing as well as the rust. Oiled bronze wool would be a better choice, RM

RM

View attachment 96428

View attachment 96429

View attachment 96430

View attachment 96431

View attachment 96432

View attachment 96433

View attachment 96435
View attachment 96436

View attachment 96437
Don't lose that ramrod, it is the original that came with the rifle.

Dont use evaporust, thatd be hard on the bluing. I used to get stainless steel shavings from a lathe. The long thin strands. Using those with thin oil itd scrub the rust right off without taking the bluing with.

Latest posts

Back