• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Longhunters vs Aliens!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't by chance get hit in head a few times, when you for got to move, did you?

I hope it can remember what you look like ... So when it comes back ... There won't be any mistakes ... :blah:

Glad you got to make some smoke today!

Rifle Shooters - two shots at 100 yards and two shots at 75 yards, off hand.

Skunkskinner - Captain - target is in
123.DieselBenz - target is in
T.O - target is in
Grey Whiskers - target is in
Paul/KS - target is in
Mike Brines - target is in
Armakiller - target is in
Hockeyref - target is in
Lonehunter - target is in
Mcsteinscamp - target is in
Lonegun1894
Chance - target is in
Skychief - target is in
Necchi - target is in
Buripity - target is in
Tiger955 - target is in
Marc Adamcheck
Mad Irish
Macon Due

Smoothbore Shooters - two shots at 50 yards, off hand.

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller - target is in
Jethro - target is in
Swampy - target is in
RC - target is in
Grzrob
Caddo - target is in
Deadeye - target is in
B.Habermehl - target is in
Pete D - target is in

:blah:If'n they's still comin', I guess I'll hafta deal with 'at. :hmm: I got one I think. He were a coming at me and I fired a couple shots that hit'im in that 'er brown square head he had. Then he started coming again. :doh: I can't believe it. So I fired at'm twiced agin at 'bout 75 yards or so. :cursing: Then he staggers t' bout 25 yards and turns around. :( Figgerd he was goin t' show me that moon thing. I fired m'pistol since I hadn't reloaded my Lorraine. An I hit 'im square in the ars area, pert near dead up that.....BUT it warnt 'er. Weerd thangs 'em Aliens, they is. Hars the pics m' friend took whilst we was a tryin to git outa 'er. :rotf: :slap: :doh:

100ydrifletarget.jpg

4" total of 1/4' & 3 3/4"

75ydrifletarget.jpg

3 1/8" total of 1.5" and 1 5/8"

25ydpistoltarget.jpg

1" out pucker dot

Man that is some shooting!! They dont stand a chance with you shooting at them!!

Ok Y'all, I am having technical difficulties and can not seem to get a picture of my target transferred to my computer to email it. Here is what I ended up with if you're willing to forgive my technological stupidity.

.50 caplock CVA St. Louis Hawken all offhand as specified:
1st shot (100yds) 4 inches high and 5" to the left of X
2nd shot (100 yds) 12 inches high, 3 inches right of X
3rd shot (75 yds) 5 inches high, 1 inch left
4th shot (75 yds) 3 inches high, 1 inch right

Sorry for the goof up.

Swampy
I mailed ya my target,I reckon it's not so good. Those critters are Fast! Here is how it went.......Macon
IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg

Well, I can see the problem . . . your holding the gun all wrong, and you need to use your other eye . . . :rotf: :blah: :surrender:

Glad you got your smoke pole working! :grin:

123 D.B.
HaHa.......ya might be right! Yep I guess it is just more sensetive to flint position? I used a T.Fuller black and shot between 45-50 shots before the first hint of trouble.Then I knapped it fired one shot had to reposition the flint [got it too close and it was catching on the hammer and not opening it all the way] repositioned again and fired about 8 more rds. [ran out of balls...lol]. Only time I wiped was at about 15 rds. to switch patch lube, fired 5 rds with it wiped again and fired at least 25-30 more rds. with no wiping using Hoppes #9+.
I really like this rifle!
Macon

Thanks Mike [honest I never saw that stuff before....I think it was 'alien' technology]...LOL
Macon :grin:

Whoa. It's all comin' back. I been here before. I done this stuff.
It was a - whatdya call it - a mindwipe - hadda be that. I jes' was achecking in here and saw this thread of reeports - said to misself "I done that"...but when and how?
It's comin back now though. Found some targets in my shootin' bag.
I had the smoothie out at the range fer practice. I raised the gun t'shoot and as I did the targets got blurry....they always git blurry but this was diffrent 'cuz when I put the gun down...the target was still blurry and the one next to it too. Then the target rack started shakin'. There was somethin out there rippin at the target rack. (why? dunno.) Then there was a howlin and the target rack got ripped outta the ground and I could see the grass movin as whatever it, the blur, was started to come toward me. I was shakin' (howz that fer an excuse?) shakin'. I brought the gun up and shot. The howlin stopped. I reloaded quick like. Then it started agin, the target rack stuck back in the ground at angle, the blur gittin closer and closer. I shot agin. Then....the blur kinda dissolved - only 10 feet from me - and there wuz jes two holes in the target. I see from the posts that I sent it to ya. I found it jes now. Musta got it in the shoulders - iffn it had shoulders....or the eyes, mebbe.
And this pistol target....but that's another story. If only I could remember it.
Alientarget2-1.jpg

We have heard a couple such stories from PA lately. I lived most of my life there, and have had a few such experiences (mostly back in the 60's and 70's while pickin' wild mushrooms and such). I think it is something in the water. I have since moved to the desert where there ain't no water and haven't had any such experiences since. Y'all need to find a supplier of some good 'shine and quit drinkin' that nasty water! :rotf:
Good shot BTW

I've heard that there might be a couple good suppliers a little ways below our southern border...... But ya gotta travel a ways off the beaten path & that's a whole 'nuther dimension out there. Most northerers start hearing a slightly familiar banjo tune in the background and get a feeling of De Ja Vu mixed with a big does of bad juju.... it's best that we just stay away.....

Besides, the state provides "approved firewater" in special company stores for us! I've often wondered if they were slipping a dose of koolaid in too.

He He He, I forgot about the good old "State Stores" there. Here you can buy a bottle of Jack in the 7-11. :blah:

Things just haven't worked out as I had hoped here. I'm dealing with a couple of medical issues and just haven't been able to wrap my head around this yet. I have gotten a couple of inquirys asking whether or not people can post their own story about what happened and at this point I encourage that. You don't have to if you don't want to but for those who want to spin a yarn, by all means do so. :thumbsup:

Take care of the medical issues first, and best of luck with them. That's priority anyway. Hope it all goes well.

Back