• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Longhunters vs Aliens!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew I would forget a pt or two. Those that sent emails are easy to find. Anyone else that I've over looked please let me know.

Rifle Shooters - two shots at 100 yards and two shots at 75 yards, off hand.

Skunkskinner - Captain - target is in
123.DieselBenz - target is in
T.O - target is in
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS - target is in
Mike Brines - target is in
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonehunter - target is in
Mcsteinscamp - target is in
Lonegun1894
Chance - target is in
Skychief
Necchi - target is in
Buripity
Tiger955 - target is in
Marc Adamcheck
Mad Irish
Macon Due
Pete D - target is in

Smoothbore Shooters - two shots at 50 yards, off hand.

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller - target is in
Jethro
Swampy
RC - target is in
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye - target is in
B.Habermehl

T.O - target is in
Grey Whiskers - target is in
Paul/KS - target is in
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonegun1894
Chance - target is in
Skychief
Necchi - target is in
Buripity - target is in
Tiger955 - target is in
Marc Adamcheck
Mad Irish
Macon Due
Pete D - target is in

Roy - Captain
Jethro - target is in
Swampy - target is in
RC - target is in
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye - target is in
B.Habermehl

Pete D - target is in

Roy - Captain
Jethro - target is in
Swampy - target is in
RC - target is in
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye - target is in
B.Habermehl

There ya go. With the smoothbores...
Pete D.

Swampy seems to be just a little distracted. Musta got a new really cute nurse. :haha:

PSSST.... Hey Swampy... make sure she ain't an alien in disguise before she starts probin'. :shocked2:

T.O - target is in
Grey Whiskers - target is in
Paul/KS - target is in
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonegun1894
Chance - target is in
Skychief - target is in
Necchi - target is in
Buripity - target is in
Tiger955 - target is in
Marc Adamcheck
Mad Irish
Macon Due

Roy - Captain
Jethro - target is in
Swampy - target is in
RC - target is in
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye - target is in
B.Habermehl
Pete D - target is in

Shooting my alien tomorrow with the smoothbore and will get it in. Hope I do well...don't want to get probed :surrender:

Only one week left, get those targets in now . . . nine of you left . . .

If you don't get it in, were gonna tell the aliens where you live! :blah:

Guys
I'm sorry but my new TVM won't be here till next week and work will prevent shooting till the weekend [which is after the 31st]. So....please shoot those varmints afore they gits me!!!
Macon [I'll be ready next time] Due :v

I dont know how to send ya the pix of the target so here the measurements. 1st shot 2 o'clock right of center 2.5 in. 2nd shot 10 o'clock right of center 2 in. .28 guage, 75 gr of ffg. Battery lead alloy ball. (A bit hard) BJH

Shot both contests today, but finished too late to get them mailed in today. Do they have to be in by the 30th or post marked by the 30th? I'll mail mine in tomorrow. Thanks. Oh BTW Swampy I could'nt find any 24" X 24" paper. But Wally World had some 28"x 22". Cut 4 inches off the long part so my target is 24" long X 22" wide, hope thats ok.

SO I went out to the range today... Figured that I would shoot the rocks vs caps target at 25 yards before time ran out and then maybe shoot some fun practice.... I took my younger daughter with me and was really shooting good but it felt like I was being watched. Well, did you ever have a 9yr old girl squeal just as you touch off the shot?

It made me jerk the last shot outta the group! Dang it, I was not happy! (At least that's my story and I sticking to it).

rock_vs_caps_1stTGT.jpg

Well, then Sarah yells "Daddy it's taking that jar of stuff that you just mixed up!" The critter was a whole lot quicker'n me. Before I could blink it had the mason jar in its' four fingered hands and tears downrange stopping right in front of the 75 yard target backer. :thumbsup: Well, I learned from my last time out(when I forgot my measure and stuff).... I was trying to shoot outa my bag today but I fumbled around tying to find my measure and powder flask. I did find a couple pre-measured light target loads and dumped one down the pipe - I knew it was my 25 yd target load and figure I'll guess at hold over for 75 yds..... slap the last patched ball in the loading block into the muzzle with the short starter and run her home. Grab my little 4f primer gadget thingy and promptly drop it into a deep mud puddle.... manure, now what?! Well, I heard from yunz guys that 3f will work in the pan so I guess I'll see if it works for me. I dump some 3f into the pan, cock 'ol Patience and let one fly and this ugly booger. I guess I was a bit excited 'cuz all I did was throw a ball at it - in my haste, I had a million thoughts flying around my head, but actually aiming was not one of them! I missed him about waist high below his elbow...... OR DID I?
Did I say he was quick? At least I didn't hit the jar it was trying to steal! I dumped another light target charge down the pipe and now realize I ain't got no more lubed patches... You guys say jus' spit on 'em. It was spit or dry patch so I spit, cut at the muzzle, and rammed her home. Now mind you I'm doing stuff here that I never tried before (and under stress to boot), what with the spittin' on patches and using charge powder for priming.... At least this time I took deliberate aim at his big 'ol watermelon head and figure that however much the ball drops with the target load I should still be center mass if I don't jerk the shot or it don't move (again).

You won't believe what it did next - remember I said it was quick? Well, it pulled a move that belonged in the Matrix movie... it held up that jar of juice and used it to block my second ball... honest! Next, it runs back to the 100 yard backer and starts taunting me... yelling stuff in some alien language that still seems vaguely familiar. Well I can't have that, now can I? I up the charge to 90 grains, spit on some more ticking and send two more balls at that big 'ol cranium .... Guess patched round balls are just plum slow where it comes from 'cuz it just moved it's head a couple inches sideways let them sail on past.... (kinda like do when a hockey puck flies past my head. I figure it looks cool to just casually move my noggin at the last second). :youcrazy:

So now I guess it's bit irked at me... I done flung four .54 cal lead balls at it and broke the jar of stuff that it tried to steal..... It made some sort of hand gesture (I edited the hand out of the picture 'cuz I have no idea what it means) and yelled something at me. I typed it into an internet translator as best as I could remember. The rough translation was, "You big fat ugly hybrid! I'll make you pay for this after the invasion!"

Longhunters_vs_Aliens.jpg

So now I'm worried.... Seems like this is the second and third things I've done to p!$$ it off and I don't know what the first one was. I know I'm big, fat, and ugly... but HYBRID? What the heck did it mean by that?

Oh measurements:
75 yards... 6 1/2" (busted the dang jar!) & 13 1/8"
100 yds.... 2 7/8" & 4 7/8"

Do you want me to mail in the pic of this critter?

Back