• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Longhunter/Rifleman's Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this knife this morning. Blade is made out of 1095 HC steel. Guard and pin are mild steel and has a poured pewter bolster. The blade length is approx. 8 1/4" long and about 1 1/4" wide at it's widest point. Overall length is approx. 13 3/4" long. Still deciding if I want to age it. The horn came from a buck that my youngest brother killed. My brother passed away about a year and half ago. He was in law enforcement and spent almost twenty years on a drug task force. He died of cancer due to long term exposure to meth labs. I inherited close to 40 sets of racks and mounts from him. It is from some of these racks that I use for handles on knives that I build. These knives will all be sold and a large percentage of the money will be given to a foundation in my brothers name that supports spouses and children of law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty. The 2 knives on my avatar are a matched set and the knife that is with my center seam sheath that I posted several weeks ago all came from my brother's racks. There will be many more in the pipeline. Added a couple more photos. Guard looks crooked in 3rd. photo but it's not.

Attachments

• IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG