• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long rifle wall hangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Zonie, please move this thread if it’s in the wrong place, thanks.

So i’m trying to figure out how to hang these long rifles my wife insists on collecting (innocent look) and the idea just showed up. This is all very basic and a little crude, but take it and make it yours. These run abt maybe a buck a pair.

I’m going to have to post pictures and esplain one at a time i’m afraid. First, get yourself a piece of.... mild steel 🤣 1/8” x 3/4” and cut it into 6 1/2” pieces,
72A071A8-5BD0-41D2-B70E-431E39394D77.jpeg

If you can, start pulling the stral toward you by hand - you’ll get the bend started and what hammering you’ll have to do will be directed in more of a downward direction, thereby2FC7E74A-EFE2-4CA7-843F-57582FCAF872.jpeg94BDC6F3-9ED7-4CE2-952A-B7347598DEF2.jpeg knocking fewer things off the pegboard above the bench.

Next step is simple. If you’re going to hang your rifle at a point just behind the trigger guard, you’re on the wrist, not a horizontal surface. One of each pair of hangers goes back in the vise with a piece of pipe over the short, front flat. Just pull it toward you until the curve fits your rifle. It will bend easily because it’s made of... mild steel! 😂83F924CF-A7DD-4F28-8FF2-5E05458EF64E.jpeg97547CBE-9ED9-4116-A10F-D33667E1D534.jpeg82E77F66-9A99-4467-91AA-C375314F6B31.jpeg

Yeah, thanks, i forgot to mention that! I’m not sure if i’ll use the old green felt with the peel-off backing or use your idea of some heavy suede with a couple of dabs of contact cement. Leather does sound more appropriate...

I make mine out of 0.062" brass and file a decorative spear point on the ends then line it with felt. P.S. - one of those screws would be enough :ghostly:

Back