• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long, long barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Occasionally I will see pictures of a contemporary build in which the barrel is 50" or more in length.

Can anyone on this site provide me with some contact information for a person who makes these long barrels? :wink:

A gentleman by the name of Ben Coogle makes long smoothbore barrels. Or at least used to, as of a few years ago. I have no contact info, but at least you now have a name to go with. :wink:

Larry Horrigan in Michigan. He can make any kind of smoothbore barrel you like up to 60" long. And in a timely manner

not sure if he can go longer than 48", but you might want to try Charlie Burton:
CONTACT INFO
CHARLES BURTON
250 S. LIDDIE WAY
MOREHEAD, KY 40351
(606)780-7709

[email protected]

good luck with your project!

I don't have his contact info handy, but I have a 60” 75-cal smoothie barrel by Greg Chistian.

We might be able to help you out better if you could define what profile you want ... i.e., part octagonal then round, or tapered round, etc.

That said, I went to commission a build of a 54” barrel doglock last month and the builder said that there was a ”˜year wait’ on longer barrels of the octagonal to round profile in the larger calibers ...

Looking forward to seeing photos of your build. I shouldered a Dutch style ”˜Hudson Valley Fowler’ with a 54” barrel, and the ore or club butt style. I was presently surprised by how balanced the gun felt when it came to the shoulder. It ”˜hung’ right on the aim point.

Steve Zihn of WY recently built me a rifle with a tapered .54, 50" barrel by Ed Rayl. As tenngun states, it holds on target. I could not be happier with it.

Was that smooth bore or rifled? There may be some chunk gun builders that make them. The NMLRA would know. I think Martin Hacker made some huge rifles.

Latest posts

Back