• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long Land Pattern Brown Bess with Stowe 1776 lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
fyi i dont think the sling is mounted correctly, it’s supposed to be ahead of the middle thimble and luggged to the barrel, the way its set up on this musket is a mechanical issue As it will hit the rod on return. Buttstock also looks like it may have a split in the middle.
Hmm, not seeing the crack as you mentioned. But once I see it in person then I can really tell if its there or just some funkiness with the photo. I did see the incorrectly placed sling swivel as well. I would want to fix that up. The primary consolation is that it is definitley not a Indian gun. Currently he is looking for 800 for it, would that be a fair price given the difficulty on aquiring a LLP?

Hmm, not seeing the crack as you mentioned. But once I see it in person then I can really tell if its there or just some funkiness with the photo. I did see the incorrectly placed sling swivel as well. I would want to fix that up. The primary consolation is that it is definitley not a Indian gun. Currently he is looking for 800 for it, would that be a fair price given the difficulty on aquiring a LLP?

this is where i see the split

Attachments

• 070805E0-A3AD-4AEC-B9ED-E11FBCC1009D.jpeg
    070805E0-A3AD-4AEC-B9ED-E11FBCC1009D.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 58
'Normans of Framlingham. was Kits firm he sold or merged with' Coach Harness.' Beech is harder to stock and has a fleck but birch would do or plain sycomore (UK stuff) the birch would suit. I stocked one with meranti sent by the customer once .Only one I knew sold in UK had a wood screw for a tang nail . But the owner didn,t mind the wood looked plain Walnut to me.
Rudyard

For what it's worth, the Board of Ordnance ordered lockplate dates and contractor names deleted after 1764 prior to the name and "1776" date on this replica. After 1764 all Besses were marked simply "Tower" or "Dublin Castle". (Goldstein & Stuart, "The Brown Bess", Mowbray Publishing, 2010, page 62). Here's my Pattern 1756 Long Land Bess with a 1759 Grice lockplate.
DSC03824 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Back