• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long Land Mod Bess India Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDeutscher

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got my new Long Land mod from Veteran Arms
Fit and finish is Great!
These Guys get them in from India, in the white and then finish them out to the customers needs
Charles and the boys did a great job
It sparks well and of course I had to tear it apart to look at the lock....
Very well made
I dont see a damn thing wrong with it
Still waiting on my Cookson from Middlesex
That will make 3 Curry guns for me and still cheaper than an American made Gun
Oh well I guess I will just have to make do with weapons made by hand by Habeebe and his 12 sons
on an anvil in a shop with no indoor plumbing
and no overhead lighting
Deutsch :thumbsup:

001-1.jpg

I need a better camera
Its hard to take a good picture of a big gun

No indoor plumbing, where do you think the barrels came from :grin: Besides you got one from Nit Wit's internet discount emporium :grin:

You are Funny Shine
I wanna hang out with you sometime
Nit wits horse pistol is now 4 inches shorter and XS wood is comeing off tonight
The new Bess sholders very well
It like the horse pistol is a big gun
But as you can see by the picture I posted I am not a tiny Fella
It suits me well
You know something ?
The Barrel smelled of Curry
Must of been a piece of pipe from the kitchen sink oh well
This is all in fun
And I am havin a grand time :wink:
Deutsch

You should come up and go to bear camp with me an nit wit. We all hunt with muzzleloaders. Its a great time. We even stop laughing long enough to shoot a bear or two.

If thats an invite for next season you are on!
I can tell jokes till were all blue in the face
A trip to Maine sounds wonderfull.
I have not been Bear huntin since the early 80's
Something of a note I did CW for over 30 years
And had collected many orig letters from soldiers to their Familys
The men of the south talked about going hunting for Bear. But there are none done there
They are talking about Wild Pigs and we know that becouse of the discriptions of the kill and the tusk and hair and how many {Bear} were in the groups they killed.One letter said him and the Liberty boys had killed 20 in just over an hour.
I have been told many times that I am a welth of useless information
But there it is .
Deutsch

I'll talk to nit wit hes in mississippi right now We got an englishman coming. Why not a german. :grin: . But you have to bring a case of yeungling we can't get it here :grin:

BigDeutscher said:
The men of the south talked about going hunting for Bear. But there are none done there
They are talking about Wild Pigs and we know that becouse of the discriptions of the kill and the tusk and hair and how many {Bear} were in the groups they killed.One letter said him and the Liberty boys had killed 20 in just over an hour.
I have been told many times that I am a welth of useless information
But there it is .
Deutsch

There aren't bear down here? In Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Tennessee? Boy, you could have fooled me, you must be a flatlander, son. :rotf: I wonder what all of those big, hairy, black "Wild Pigs" (without tusks, btw) that weigh in at up to 550 - 600 lbs. that people have been hunting and killing here in western Virginia for the last 275 years are? I had no idea that they were hogs. For the last few years, a few of what you seem to think are "hogs" are even getting aggressive enough to walk into towns around here. Must be the recent outbreak of doughnut shops.....

Seriously BigDeutscher, how stupid do you really think Southerners are? Around here (the Shenandoah Valley and the mountains to the east and the west - especially the mountains to the west) we have plenty of bear and very few, if any hogs. I guess the non-existent bears ate them.

You are missing the point, we were talkin about the deep south. We all know there are Bear down south, but I never saw Bear run in pack of 20 or more so before you jump the gun read what I wrote
Tusks as far as I know aint on any black bear
I could be wrong but they also talked about boilin down the fat and makin soap
It matters not.it was just a letter writtin home from a hungry soldier And thats what we took from it. The writer is long dead
Sometimes I just dont know.... every one wants to fight about something

I am going to try to get ahold of the guy I sold the letter to
And I will post it so youall can deside what he was talking about
He lives out side of Waco Texas
The letter was came from one of the fellas from the 7th texas who fought with the Army of Tenn
This is just silly
I lived in east Texas for 20 years and never heard of anyone shooting a black bear or seeing one but I have seen pastures filled with wild hogs
I do not believe there is a Bear season in Texas but I might be wrong maybe down at Big Ben N/P
I cant spell and some folks cant read
Oh Well more useless info

I dont know if it is supposed to be that chunky
I am planing on thinin it out some
I have only had a second mod from Italy before
And a Kit Ravenshear Sea Service 2nd
I would like to handle a orig one
I am sure, as with everything sent over here from India there is alittle to much wood on it
Maybe alot
But then. again the Italian ones are not right either

By the the way the last pig I shot was in un-incorperated Ft worth right off loop 360
And weighed over 400 pounds
It took 3 guys my size to get it in the bed of my pickup after we gut it and cut its head off
It had tusks.... big uns and smelled to high heaven! but boy, did it taste good!
Deutsch
Now Back to Long Land models

Back