• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

long cleaning Rod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsax26

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I shoot fowlers with very long barrels, I am looking for a cleaning rod approx 56 inches long , and threaded on each end for 10x32 and 8x32 . needs no accessories, just a steel rod with holes in the end.

Regards,
Bryon

Just go to a weld or machinist shop and have them weld two pieces together. Suggest you use cold rolled steel as mild will rust very quickly. It shouldn't be very expensive but it will cost. All avocations have their expenses.

I have a Fowler with a 72" barrel. Made my first rod out of metal rod and it was heavy and very whippet, very difficult to control. Made one out of 7/16" wood rod with ends and it works just fine.

Just go to a weld or machinist shop and have them weld two pieces together. Suggest you use cold rolled steel as mild will rust very quickly. It shouldn't be very expensive but it will cost. All avocations have their expenses.
Why not just order a 6’ piece of round stock? Can get it gound and polished if you want. A supplier like MSC would have whatever material and diameter you want. Just need machine shop to cut to length and tap the ends.

Last edited:
I drilled and tapped a section of an 8' X 1/2" copper clad grounding rod from Home Depot. The heavy rod is also useful for loading a ball stuck in a heavily fouled bore.

If you need a over length rod PM me. Do it quick though I gotta order 4' lengths tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back