• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

LOL, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When most movies are made, they are much longer than finished versions you see in the theater. If the director actually did film the reloading sequences, that would be the first thing to end up on the cutting room floor.
Years ago, the cartoon producers just threw out the 'cels' or actual painted illustrations for the classic cartoons from Disney, Warner, etc. Then when they became valuable collectibles the remaining ones grew very valuable. All are made with computers now of course.

In the Movie Open Range....the final gun battle, I swear Kevin Coster fires 9.....Nine......N I N E,,,,,,,shots from his revolver and there is NOT a cut in the sequence.
I was thinking of that scene while reading through this thread.

In some commentary somewhere I believe Costner claimed that it was first filmed as his character fanning the remaining rounds from revolver #1 before switching to revolver #2 and fanning it empty for a total of nine fired. His story was that whoever did the editing for that scene joined it all together.

Who knows? I wish it had the break between the two but what are you gonna do?

Tuco disassembles some '51's, appears to look THROUGH the cylinder, examines an obvious '51 barrel (with loading lever), and finally reassembles a pistol from the parts. Tuco breaks open a box of cartridges and then proceeds to load up the '51 with cartridges (you can see the metal cartridges on the table and in his hand). As everyone has noted, it's a bit ahead of it's time in pistol technology, but nonetheless. it is STILL my favorite spaghetti western.

View attachment 135791
View attachment 135792
View attachment 135793
View attachment 135790
thanking you so much for the pictures of TUKO, in the gun shop Senes!. toot.

back in the early 1950's when the black & white Westins that I would watch, I asked my mother why was there a commercial, and she said that it was because that they had to go PEE! and you know it answered my question & I believed her, would a mother lie to her child?? LOL!!

Are my eyes failing, or is that a 1858 (with caps) on Lee Van Cleef's gun belt (with cartridges). None the less, STILL one of my favorites.
Love the scene where Tuco demands the gun shore owner show him revolvers (and cartridges) - taking place around 1862 or 63...

View attachment 135182
I always assumed that was one of the converted guns. There were many. However those obviously caps on the nipples, not the pins a conversion would have.

Back