Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to post a reply to a thread on my laptop and kept getting an error message. I figured I'd try logging out and see if clearing cookies, and logging back in would solve the problem.

When I tried to log in on my laptop I get an error message. 'The requested user could not be found.' I then went and logged in with the same user name and password on my phone.

I hate posting from my phone. Any suggestions? TIA.

SDSmlf

69 Cal.
Reaction score
You likely just fat fingered a key on the laptop. Something everyone has done and will do again in the future. Could be your user name, but possibly your password - not sure what the message is if you mess up the password. I’d just carefully retype your log in info. If it’s not a shared laptop, you may want to check the box to stay logged in.

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad suggestion, but I have all my login info saved to my Google account. I don't have to remember anything. The Google machine auto enters it.

Thanks for your input.

SDSmlf

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Not a bad suggestion, but I have all my login info saved to my Google account. I don't have to remember anything. The Google machine auto enters it.

Thanks for your input.
Maybe Google info inadvertently got changed. I’d still try a manual logon. Possible you are staying logged on with your phone and not getting info from Google. Unless you are using the Google info to logon to your laptop and phone, then it’s something else……

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Again, thanks for your input.

I guess we have to thank Bill for this one. I restarted my laptop, and the login worked. I tried to reply, but got an error message stating...'Oops we ran into some problems. Please try again later. That was the error message that prompted me to clear cookies and log out.

I think it might be something on the forum. Maybe Angie or Zonie can look into it.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When you login put your cursor in the password area and see if it you get your login to choose. Then click on it and it should work.

But if the login works on phone, it should work on the the laptop.

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I thought too, but no love. I'm logged in on my laptop, but can't post. This is from my phone.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Try again to manually enter your name and password. Especially your password.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What Windows version are you on? And what browser? Have you tried a different browser?

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I tried a different browser . I normally use Chrome, but tried Firefox with the same results.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm going to have to think on things to try on this one.

MTMountainman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Let me know what you think. I'm at a loss for ideas
Are you running a vpn or firewall? It's possible those could be blocking your access. Try turning them off and try. If that works, you'll probably need to burrow down into your firewall settings and "whitelist" the Forum. Good Luck!

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I do run Windows firewall, but it allows, or blocks, by program not individual sites. I tried turning it off with no love.

No VPN.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Do you run an ad block? If so, turn it off for a test.
Someone on a different forum was having something similar and turned off the ad block and everything worked find.

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I do, and I tried disabling on your suggestion. Still getting the same error message. Still posting from my phone.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It may just be that you are on Win 7

Latest posts