• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Log Cabin Shop Cast Round Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, does anyone have experience with Log Cabin's cast round balls? Any notes on consistancy would be great. Thanks in advance
Hello LB, the last time I bought some was about two years ago. As far as I could tell they were consistent, but I only shot one bag (100) though one of my revolvers. Liza did say they sold a lot of them. I'm sure someone with better info will come along shortly.
Good Luck,
R

I love the LCS. I'm originally from Ohio. That said their round balls are ok. Not bad, but not great. If you cast your own, you can do a heck of a lot better. However compared to who ever supplies RMC, the LCS is light years ahead in terms of quality.

So like I said they are 'OK' with roundballs.

Thanks for the replies, I've been wondering if .575 balls would group better than my .570 in my .58. The .570's go down pretty easy with lube soaked .020 patch. What all goes into casting your own?

I started casting for my revolvers 13 years ago with a lee 2 cavity mold, small cast iron pot, cheap lead ladle, and a single burner Coleman stove. That setup worked for many winters! Just recently got a lee electric led pot a couple of winters ago.

I have bought it off of here before. If you know anyone that works on power lines have them save you some old insulator pins. That is where I get most of mine. The metal pin has the end dipped in lead with threads cut in it for insulators to screw onto.

Thanks for the replies, I've been wondering if .575 balls would group better than my .570 in my .58. The .570's go down pretty easy with lube soaked .020 patch. What all goes into casting your own?
Have you tried old blue jeans as a patch material ? It's a bit thicker n good if your rb's are some undersized

I have bought it off of here before. If you know anyone that works on power lines have them save you some old insulator pins. That is where I get most of mine. The metal pin has the end dipped in lead with threads cut in it for insulators to screw onto.
good to know, thank you

my girlfriend's son is a Lineman

The only problem I have with the Log Cabin is that every time I go in I am broke when I leave and have been known to go home for more money!

Back