• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lodgewood bulletmoulds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I checked them out and would like to order a couple, but what size balls do they cast for a given caliber? They list a .36 caliber and a .45 caliber but I don't want a .45 ball for my 45 caliber rifle or a .36 diameter ball for the 36 caliber rifle I hope to own someday. Are the balls these molds cast .010 or so smaller than the caliber listed?

If they don't list it on their website, I'm certain you can call/write and find out.

I've known the folks at Lodgewood from the time they just began in business. They are my Number One "go to" place for most 19th century original and reproduction gun parts and similar things.

Gus

Thanks fellas. I called and spoke to David, he placed me on hold while he got the two mold sizes I am interested in and measured the cavity on each.
The .45 caliber measured .444 and the .36 caliber measured .355"
So, I just ordered one of each. I'll let the good folks here know how long it takes to get them and what the balls measure and weigh once I cast a few.
For $20 each I figure it's worth the risk to try them.

Thanks for the tip R.J.

finished undixifuying mine. casts a .700 ball. next is getting some thin rawhide and wrapping the handles.

Mine came in the mail yesterday. A 36 calber and a 45 caliber. They are a little rough but seem like they should be serviceable once I clean up the slight surface rust in the bottom of the mold cavity. They don't open very wide so that will be tricky. Hopefully I'll get to try them out this weekend.

Back