• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Locks & Early Arms from Old Guard Manufacture, Poland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FYI, Old Guard Manufacture sells on Facebook from Poland, and they sell an early fishtail matchlock in 62-cal for 1150 Euro. Multiply by 1.07 or 1.08 to get USD.

That is but ONE of MANY arms they make and sell!

You can only reach them via FB … not sure why they don’t have a website presence They make amazing early arms, locks and complete builds, even Japanese Tanegashima locks and wheellock lock assemblies and complete W-L muskets, carbines & pistols.

Here’s some MORE pictures of items they custom make, in addition to the early powder flasks I previously posted.
5B53380D-8077-45D7-9C52-52FC42B25D99.jpeg

D09E7C2D-483A-4232-ACF3-D29FD5624ADE.jpeg
A29BDC2F-E573-4C59-AF90-05130D206B6A.jpeg

D0C113EB-3422-4D57-B5A7-549867FBCB17.jpeg

Attachments

• 84C217E3-3185-420E-838F-FB5D6660E0E2.jpeg
    84C217E3-3185-420E-838F-FB5D6660E0E2.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
They will also make technical drawings of guns they currently sell. Not sure the price on those. The drawings they already have made are a pretty reasonable price.

This is really cool !!! While new websites do cost money to build, they are not as expensive as they once were. Also, I suspect that many members here on the MLF do not regularly use Facebook (maybe old farts like me LOL). It's possible that the market for their products in the USA/Canada could be larger than they currently realize (?) The owner(s) joining the MLF and maybe placing an ad wouldn't hurt either. It appears their products are of high quality, hand made, and reasonably priced. Short of a new website, even a multi-page PDF that can be uploaded showing the products, pricing, approximate delivery times. Maybe one of us that's familiar with Facebook could send them a letter with some suggestions ?

Rick

Has anyone here ever actually ordered a gun from them?

Tempting, but I could see buying international going south in a hurry due to various reasons. What is there backlog time as well?

I messaged them on Facebook. I’ll let everyone know what they say.

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever actually ordered a gun from them?

Tempting, but I could see buying international going south in a hurry due to various reasons. What is there backlog time as well?

I messaged them on Facebook. I’ll let everyone know what they say.
I have not ordered a full gun (as I prefer to build my own) however I did get a Miquelet action. It is a fine product. THey had good communication. Shipping was a tad slow but that was more on the account of customs than them .

Have you more photos of the repro of Michael's old Tusco Emilian you show above?
l don't. Unfortunately, while they are responsive, it is all via FB Messenger - very tedious communication! I have approached them about the possibility that perhaps I could make a large PDF file with all of the pictures and details in it, but I would need to get all those details. I could add the pricing too, but they would be subject to change of course. Then at least we'd have a 'catalog' we could share here amongst the US based early arm aficionados.

I have emailed Fredericki about doing this for or with them - heck who knows, maybe I'll end up being a US/No Amercian Distributor for them! ... but he still hasn't answered a few of my key questions, like: (1) Concerns/questions about Polish, US and other Country Customs issues if the touch hole is drilled, and (2) they only take payment by PayPal - whom as we know - is anti-gun. He says he uses his personal account, but if they PP got wind of it, not only could a shipment be delayed or cancelled, but funds could be held. I believe PP's current policy says they will even charge a $2,500 penalty!

I'm not risking that with my account ... To date, that is the only reason I have not yet bought anything from them, as I wanted to see/hold/use one of their wheellocks.

Oh, but for some good news! Bolek Maciaszczyk, the famed Polish builder of wheellocks, used to be associated with them until he broke out on his own.

l don't. Unfortunately, while they are responsive, it is all via FB Messenger - very tedious communication! I have approached them about the possibility that perhaps I could make a large PDF file with all of the pictures and details in it, but I would need to get all those details. I could add the pricing too, but they would be subject to change of course. Then at least we'd have a 'catalog' we could share here amongst the US based early arm aficionados.

I have emailed Fredericki about doing this for or with them - heck who knows, maybe I'll end up being a US/No Amercian Distributor for them! ... but he still hasn't answered a few of my key questions, like: (1) Concerns/questions about Polish, US and other Country Customs issues if the touch hole is drilled, and (2) they only take payment by PayPal - whom as we know - is anti-gun. He says he uses his personal account, but if they PP got wind of it, not only could a shipment be delayed or cancelled, but funds could be held. I believe PP's current policy says they will even charge a $2,500 penalty!

I'm not risking that with my account ... To date, that is the only reason I have not yet bought anything from them, as I wanted to see/hold/use one of their wheellocks.

Oh, but for some good news! Bolek Maciaszczyk, the famed Polish builder of wheellocks, used to be associated with them until he broke out on his own.
Zelle, venmo, etc are really leaving money on the table by not trying to compete with PayPal internationally.

Thanks to ALL for the updates. Too bad about the barrel situation. Sort of puts things between a rock and a hard place for wanting a finished gun. The exchange rate is not much of a problem (currently). But there will be shipping cost from Poland. Possibly, one could order a finished gun, and they would ship and charge for everything except the barrel. If they used a Colerain barrel as the pattern in their build, you could simply order the barrel from Colerain, TOTW, etc. and it would drop in place. Of course, I'm not a builder and am just speculating here. Also, this way, you are not paying for, or shipping a "gun". Just wood and metal carvings. Less shipping weight too.

At minimum, it seems that this would be a good source for early locks, accouterments, and accessories. Wonder how long they've been in business ? Wish I'd known a long time ago.

Flint's idea of building a PDF type catalog is great. But a bit of a task. But if you're willing, I won't stand in your way. LOL You will go down in Pre-Flintlock history. And I'll be the first to recommend YOU as their EXCLUSIVE USA/North American distributor.

Rick

Latest posts

Back