• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lockable Case for a long rifle ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the same law in California. I ignore it. I put guns under the floor carpet in the back of the vehicle. Around here, if you are a "good guy" not a gang banger or meth head, the cops will not confront you on this. Especially if you are obviously going to the range. First they need a reason to pull you over, so don's speed or drive crazy.

Maybe ask an officer or two at Starbucks or Dunkin Doughnuts and get their opinion. I doubt they will throw up any road blocks for you flintlock. Which, btw is not considered a firearm under Federal rules.

A trigger lock is sufficient here. You could also put the lock in your shooting box.
I know California has changed since I lived there (not too long ago); when I went through the Gun Safety and Hunter Safety classes they told us that "Without a Conceal Carry Permit, all firearms had to be transported in plain sight and not loaded" - we were told that if it was in a case that made it "Consealed" even if the case was locked. So that is how we carried ML too and from Events and the Range.
I was once tasked with storing Everyone's rifle overnight for an event; drive from Long Beach to Pasadena with 15 rifles all piled in the back....and prayed I didn't get pulled over for anything (I had a couple pounds of powder, No lead, several swords, daggers, and dressed like a Pirate)

Attachments

• Glenn-05-fixed.jpg
    Glenn-05-fixed.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 0
Back