• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lock Identity ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a TC Hawkens in a trade and mainly wanted it for th 1:66 round ball barrel. Got to looking at it and noticed the lock and tang weren't the normal color. When I removed it noticed other slight difference from other Hawkens locks I have besides color. Does anyone know if the Fox ridge shop used different locks than production guns ?

Attachments

• PXL_20220306_185512228.jpg
    PXL_20220306_185512228.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20220306_185457907.jpg
    PXL_20220306_185457907.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
Except for the color, it looks to be the normal TC lock.

Colors probably faded so the previous owner just removed them. The Silver Elite and maybe another model or two used a stainless finish on the locks but don't think this is one of those.

The other thing on all the TC locks I have laying around that I noticed was it doesn't have a half semi circle notch for The nipple drum on the barreI (see attachment), I need to look at a Cougar I have tomorrow and see if it is the same.

Attachments

• PXL_20220307_010048911.jpg
    PXL_20220307_010048911.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 12
The other thing on all the TC locks I have laying around that I noticed was it doesn't have a half semi circle notch for The nipple drum on the barreI (see attachment), I need to look at a Cougar I have tomorrow and see if it is the same.

The lock in this attachment is a Seneca/Cherokee lock which is a different animal from TC's full-size locks.

Thanks for pointing that out, too many projects on the bench. Had two locks on bench one pictured is a Senaca the other was a 1st generation Hawkens.
The one I started thread on I just got and was hung up on finish of lock and tang.
Don't take much to confuse old people

Back