• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Local sources for ML supplies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What are the local sources for ML supplies?

I know Sportsman's Warehouse and Great Northern Guns carry some stuff in the Anchorage area, but are there any other places to buy local?

Black Powder is only available at Great Northern Guns and one place up by Fairbanks from what I hear.

What about moulds and casting supplies?

You'll find round ball, percussion caps and a few accouterments at Sportsmans Warehouse. You can also find some casting supplies but no round ball moulds. You'll have to order moulds. You can also find stuff at Chimo Guns in Wasilla. Both cater to in-line guns though.

Black Powder at Great Northern Guns or through Nor'West Company (Swanny up near Fairbanks). Locally, I would contact Keith Bayha, [email protected], who is President of the AK State Muzzle Loading Rifle Assoc & also the state NMLRA Coordinator. Keith can get you connected with powder cheaper than Great Northern. Keith shoots monthly with McKinley Mountain Men and both Keith and Swanny are usually and most rendezvous and have powder available.

Back