• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Local Paper Write Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice! Thanks For sharing! Very nice story!!

My Family being long time family from Taos, and strong Romero and Herrera Roots, we are probably related! Although we relate more to the Comanche side of the Family.

Well done!

I did on the last one. Write up below. Hoping to do better on this one. Done a lot more practice and built a bipod out of dowels with 16p nails for feet.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/buffalo-hunt-descending-slide-whistle.111097/
Interesting hunt. A bit different than when I had a guided hunt in Namibia, where if you drew blood, you ‘bought’ the animal.

Have used both bipods and tripods, and find for standing position, the tripod much more effective. For kneeling/sitting and prone, bipod works well. With homemade bipods using dowels found than instead of nails, arrow inserts with threads work great. Allows you to switch out from rubber blunts to fieldtips depending on terrain.

Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Very nice of you to offer your help to the Pine Ridge folks. They have had many years of living below the standards of others and sure can use the help.

Interesting hunt. A bit different than when I had a guided hunt in Namibia, where if you drew blood, you ‘bought’ the animal.

I'm sure if the game manager wasn't sure the bull I hit was okay he'd have charged me. He did warn me about overpenetration and finding myself purchasing two animals.

Very nice of you to offer your help to the Pine Ridge folks. They have had many years of living below the standards of others and sure can use the help.

Henry Red Cloud up there does amazing work with his renewable energy education center. He says his goal is to get the native nations on renewable energy ahead of the rest of the US.

With homemade bipods using dowels found than instead of nails, arrow inserts with threads work great. Allows you to switch out from rubber blunts to fieldtips depending on terrain.

Thanks for the tip. I pulled out some rubber corks and drilled into them. Bought a bunch for speedloaders I made.

Back