• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Local Cannons in my area...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's some photos of cannons in my area, Central Massachusetts:

This one of a pair of Parrot Rifles that over look Route 9, near Route 49, in Spencer, Massachusetts. These are in a road side stop, that if you blink you would miss them. Not to mention, that they are on a slope that is elevated higher than the road.

PARROT1A.jpg

This trio of Ordnance Rifles ? can be found in Hope Cemetery, in Worcester, Massachusetts.

ORD_TRIO.jpg

There used to be a set of 8, I believe they were 16 pound Coehorn mortors on display near the parade grounds at Ft Robinson St Park here in the panhandle of NE. They were in sets of 4 around 2 memorial structures and the trunions were set in concrete caped with 1/2 inch iron strap and then caped with concrete on top of that. Several years ago one was stolen and the rest were removed and put in storage never to be seen again. The lost gun was never recovered either :(

FYI: Sorry to have to inform you that Wayne Stark passed away in August of 2005. I don't know if anyone is continuing with his record keeping.

Back