Loading Boards

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Who has anyone follow them around while hunting to see if they are being PC/HC? Do what you want.

deerstalkert

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
MtnMan, they say its ok if you talk to your self. It's even ok if you answer yourself. but when you ask yourself a question, then say HUH?, you are in trouble!
try out the blocks. if you don't have any pm me and i will send you one. or cut at the muzzle, which i find harder and bloodier with my failing eyesight.:ghostly:

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
Lyman tumbler with walnut media but you could also use corncob. The walnut is more aggressive and faster, it shouldn't take more than an hour or two. I've thought about doing it without media but haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

tenngun

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Who has anyone follow them around while hunting to see if they are being PC/HC? Do what you want.
Do what you want for sure. A sport should never be a chore. When I’m out in the woods no one knows if I cheat. I could start a fire with a bic, have a MRE , no one knows and if they did no one would care.
We don’t know when they were invented, and all they are is a board with a hole in it. Technology to make them has been around for a million years or so. I’m not much on the’ X is too early’ thing for a board with a hole in it.
But if you set your self a standard and then you violate your rules on purpose you will know if you cheat.
It’s a game of solitaire.
On the other hand there is no reason you have to meet any standards in the woods.
no matter how much we try to play we live in the here and now, and what works for you and adds toyour fun is what you need to do.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't need any loading blocks. I just bare ball every time!! so. jmho.