• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading block verses loading from the pouch? Which is faster?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fine video, thanks. I believe you got 7 off loading from the pouch.
Yes but that wouldn’t have been the case out in the field. That is unless someone has a bench or something like that to lay the patches and balls on.

Ive used both and I found a loading block to be much faster and easier in the woods.

Still a great video, however. I’m sure Mark has fun making those videos for us.

Yes but that wouldn’t have been the case out in the field. That is unless someone has a bench or something like that to lay the patches and balls on.

Ive used both and I found a loading block to be much faster and easier in the woods.

Still a great video, however. I’m sure Mark has fun making those videos for us.
Yes...you are right.
Without the clock and at a much slower pace, loading blocks are much easier to load.
No fumbling in the pouch looking for items to use.
I seldom use blocks because when I go shooting, I'll usually shoot 50+ shots at every outing.
In that case, loading blocks are not practical for me.
Thanks for watching....

That was fun to watch.

I agree on the practically. When I hunt deer or elk I carry a 3 or 4 shot block. Never needed the backups for big game but a couple times I've been surrounded by blue grouse and the only option was to shoot my way out. If it weren't for the speed allowed with the loading block they might have finished me. :eek:

I use a block in the field. It usually has three or four Rb's. If I need more than that, meaning I have missed alot, I pack it up and go home for the day!!!

I usually shoot from the pouch. I also usually use a loading block. To make my stuff more easily accessible I put everything I need to shoot the gun in my pouch, or it is hanging from my neck. Anything that might be needed to maintain the gun and/or fix problems is in a smaller rifleman's pouch on the back of my belt.

Latest posts

Back