• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Load Recommendations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nabonidus62

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was recommended the following loads by the people at Pedersoli for their Indian Trade Musket.

Could someone help me make sense of it? I'm new to the hobby.

60 grs. of FFg. 614” round ball, .010” patch USA 306-614 the mould.

70 grs. of FFg with 1 oz of shot #7 USA 097-58 cork wad – 086-20
carton wad.

I'd also welcome any other recommendations by those familiar with this gun or others like it.

Cheers!

60 grs of ffg.: this means 60 grains by volume of 2 f black powder
.614 round ball: this is the size of round ball
.010 patch: Thickness of the patch measured by a micrometer or Vernier caliber
USA 306-614 mould: This is a Pedersoli part number for the mold that will produce the size round ball discussed earlier

1 oz #7 shot: Shot sizes are described by a number, the smaller the number the larger the shot. # 7 is often used for doves and clay birds
USA 097-58 cork wad / 086-20 carton wad : this is another Pedersoli part number

fowler/tradegun shot loads are typically powder, a thick card, a cushioning wad, shot, then a thin card to hold the shot in the barrel.

Back