Living History Impressions, let's see those photos!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
For the gent looking for the British, this was my first unit, it's only grown in recent years, the 10th Regt. of Foot, the impression is how they would have generally appeared on garrison duty in the Town of Boston 1775. The real 10th, on 19 April 1775 the Grenadier and Light Companies marched to Lexington and Concord and the Battalion Companies were part of Lord Percys' relief column and fought their way back to Boston. At 6'2" I naturally got into the Grenadiers, a cool impression with the big bearskin caps.

View attachment 95584
Thanks for the pictures. This is just a bit before the time frame I'm looking at. Fan of the 95th Rifles, so looking for that. Thank you for responding to my question.

Wolfman0125

40 Cal
Reaction score
i think there’s a lot of folks here who long for simpler times. I know I do. :)
Absolutely correct. It’s not about the clothes. It’s about the life that the regalia represent. For me personally, I am a historical fiction writer. I wanted to get a feel for my characters, and the era in which they lived. The best way to do that is through the experience of living history.

tenngun

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. It’s not about the clothes. It’s about the life that the regalia represent. For me personally, I am a historical fiction writer. I wanted to get a feel for my characters, and the era in which they lived. The best way to do that is through the experience of living history.
Jean Auel wrote the clan of the cave bear books. She went to a wilderness survival and primitive skills school.
Several tried to imitate her.
What ever one thinks of her stories one thing shown clear, and that was her ability to describe doing things that people needed to live.
To me it made her very readable

Wolfman0125

40 Cal
Reaction score
Jean Auel wrote the clan of the cave bear books. She went to a wilderness survival and primitive skills school.
Several tried to imitate her.
What ever one thinks of her stories one thing shown clear, and that was her ability to describe doing things that people needed to live.
To me it made her very readable
Absolutely. I’m a big fan of her books. There is no substitute for writing what you know about. In my mind I see the plot like a movie. I just simply write what I see and hear. I try to step into my characters and experience things through their perspective, and try to shed my personal viewpoints, biases, and inhibitions. It makes for a more believable story in the world of fiction. If I’m writing about the Sioux, then I feel compelled to write the dialogue in Lakota. (With translation or context of course.) to give the feel of the era.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I rely like the one of the guy sitting with the musket, with the photo done as a reversed glass plate. a great detail. hope others seen it?

Wolfman0125

40 Cal
Reaction score
I rely like the one of the guy sitting with the musket, with the photo done as a reversed glass plate. a great detail. hope others seen it?
If you are referring to this one, it is a tintype made of me at Olustee Florida when I was in my 40’s I had just started working on my first novel when it was made. The musket I am holding is actually a C.S. Richmond, which is identical to the Springfield but with different markings.
375AE0D4-CF26-4DC1-AE9E-2C1B12D60BD8.png

MAPMFF

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Friend and I after the action at Ft. Ticonderoga 2017 (nicked myself on a sharp flint and didn't notice until someone asked why I was all blooded up)
IMG_2194.JPG