Quantcast

Lining material for 1700s greatcoat?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

rich pierce

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Gus, it’s starting to look like a coat. Sewing by hand takes a lot of time on thick fabrics. It now has arms! I put in a linen lining. The coat weighs about 5 pounds as it is. This is my first hand sewing project beyond a couple shirts and more complicated. I’m learning a lot.

kje54

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Gus, it’s starting to look like a coat. Sewing by hand takes a lot of time on thick fabrics. It now has arms! I put in a linen lining. The coat weighs about 5 pounds as it is. This is my first hand sewing project beyond a couple shirts and more complicated. I’m learning a lot.
Way back I used to sew by hand now I use a sewing machine except where the tread can be seen, mostly....... I'm of the school that if it can't be seen, who cares. Takes a eighth of the time.

BillinOregon

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Rich, you did a bang-up job for sure. Congratulations, and take pride in it.
I have read and re-read Beth's "Tidings" several times. It is a must-have. Last I heard, she was still with us but in poor health.

rich pierce

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Rich, you did a bang-up job for sure. Congratulations, and take pride in it.
I have read and re-read Beth's "Tidings" several times. It is a must-have. Last I heard, she was still with us but in poor health.
Thanks. I hate to hear that Beth is in poor health. She has contributed a good deal to living history.