• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Liner for a bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicine_duck

62 cal
Reaction score
Anyone here ever made a lining for a completed shooting pouch? I am thinking about putting a liner in one, but I don't. Want to take it apart. Any ideas?

I've added them after the fact, simply sewing up a liner, then rolling and sewing the lip of the bag to catch the top of the liner. Nothing fancy, but I liked the result of stiffening the mouth of bags made of softer or thinner leather so much that I know roll the tops of most of them.

The back of the liner I've "captured" with everything from an added ply to the bag flap, to sewing a single strip of leather across the back, to sewing in a free hanging pocket across the back of the bag, which also secures the lining.

All work, so it kinda depends on what you want.

Sorry, but I'm on the road with no access to my bags so I can provide photos.

Is there a reason you need to add a liner? Not that it's a bad idea, but unless you're handy with such things, you could make a mess out of it. Do you have leather sewing needles? Do you have an awl? What are you going to use for the thread? What are you going to use for the liner?

I thought I would throw these questions out there.

In addition:
If you are concerned about the HC/PC aspect - pouches were unlined.

I really don't have a need to add a liner, just like the look. Yes, I have leather tools and would use a striped linen sewn with linen thread.

Glue the liner to the leather before you cut the leather. It works easy then. I use shoe glue on mine.

Many Klatch

Sounds like a good idea. Like haversacks from CW had. You could just sew some small lead buttons inside so your liner could be washed as needed. :hmm:

Back