• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lincoln movie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw the new "Lincoln" movie last night. It was a bit long, but I think it had to be to cover the subject. I thought it was extremely well done. The backgrounds and costuming were outstanding. The story line wasn't one that kept me on the edge of the seat, but it was a good story all the same.

Daniel Day-Lewis will probably get the academy award for his portrayal of Lincoln... just my opinion. He was perfect. When the movie was over, the whole crowd in the theater was silent for several seconds. Then applause broke out and lasted quite a long time. :thumbsup:

I saw it last night too and was truly impressed. Everyone looked right and the scenery was very believable. The acting by all was superb with Daniel Day-Lewis giving a once in a lifetime performance. He deserves an Oscar for it. Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Fields and Hal Holbrook were great too. This movie is destined to become a classic. Don't miss it! (Unless your thing is endless action, sexy stars, and overwhelming computer graphics. If so, just stay home you will be disappointed.)

I have not seen it yet. I am saving this movie for Thanksgiving night, after my first turn at the leftovers. But everything I have heard so far, is that the movie is accurate and well done. I also read Doris Kearn Goodwins book about 12 years ago, and it was right on. Lincoln did indeed surround himself with a bunch of guys who thought they could his job better. That took more nerve than most politicians can muster.

ihuntsnook said:
I have not seen it yet. I am saving this movie for Thanksgiving night, after my first turn at the leftovers.

Not me! After a big turkey dinner, if I went to a dark cinema I'd be asleep in no time. I'll see it, but not on Thanksgiving.

i havent seen a movie in a theatre in some time (years). maby ill check this one out.

-matt

What I found that made the movie even more interesting was first reading "Killing Lincoln". That book for me was a page turner. I highly recommend that book. It ties everyone into how the story of the shooting unfolded. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't know what this means but box office results show that silly "Twilight Saga" has made nearly twice as much money as Lincoln, Skyfall and all other new releases combined. Pitiful.

My wife and I went to see it Sunday.

It was well done.

We think that only modern politicians are crooked. Our ancestors knew more about dirty politics than we can ever imagine.

Foster From Flint

Lincoln's famous quote about Simon Cameron, Secretary of War from Pennsylvania -- "He's so corrupt the only thing he wouldn't try to steal is a red hot stove."

I saw the movie last night and was impressed by Daniel Day Lewis's portrayal. Lincoln was said to have a high voice and an awkward gait, and I liked his interpretation. But the most compelling thing about the movie was the way it portrayed Lincoln's character -- his terrible melancholy over the war and the way it went. It also showed him to be an astute politician who was tough as iron when it was called for. A hundred years from now, I think this will be the film historians call the best on Lincoln.

Back