Limit On Rounds Carried (A Joke!)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

LME

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Lindsay graham, after the DC”sniper “ (when all your shots were from under 100 yards, shooter might have been a better name), proposed a law banning “sniper rifles “. How he defined that was any center fire rifle with a telescopic sight. So… grandpa’s old 92 Winchester with a little 2 1/2 power Lyman Alaskan was a sniper rifle all along. Dumb people make dumber laws.
Lindsay Graham said that? He owns an AR-15 and has been a supporter of the second amendment. Where did you get your information CNN! LOL

Muddly

40 Cal
Reaction score
It's a "death by a thousand cuts" kinda thing. All the seemingly little things we let slide, all the horrible things we came to laugh about. Cuz when it's funny, it's no longer scary or abhorrent. Then we wake up one day, and as Shakespeare wrote " Fair is foul and foul is fair "
Read the book " The Five Thousand Year Leap". What we just let go. Not what was stolen, or taken by force, but what through ignorance and apathy, we just cast aside.
So sad.

Reaction score
See the latest NJ guns regs being touted by the legislature. Fortunately us Muzzle guys are a bit immune to many gun regs, except for some states like NJ, NY, CA, etc.

alcessapiens

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Put nothing past them is right!! A couple three decades ago, a politico, after seeing a report on lives saved by seat belts, proposed a law to require them on motorcycles....
Probably fastened around the neck. Politicians, or anyone else, shouldn’t have opinions about things of which they’ve no knowledge. At the least, these boobs should learn, then talk instead of just talk. My grandfather said “ if you don’t know anything much about a subject, shut your trap and listen to people that do. Silence is sometimes taken as wisdom but foolish blather is always taken as idiocy.”

Reaction score
Do NOT give them any ideas!
Former Ohio senator Howard Metzenbaum ( D) said he got his ideas about gun control " from watching Miami Vice".
Then, there was that idiot member of the N.J. assembly ,who proposed banning .50 caliber muzzleloaders " because they used them to blow up trains and shoot down planes in WW2".
Right up there with the U.S. Rep from Georgia, who while grilling an Admiral about putting more Marines on Guam, expressed his concern that " the island may become unstable and tip over". God bless that Admiral! If that had been me, I'd have lost every star. He simply said " We don't see that happening".
Put NOTHING past these people. Not even in jest...
Exactly!!! I've mentioned it before, a Michigan lawmaker, after seeing seat belt data saving lives, proposed seat belts be mandatory on motorcycles...

Reaction score
Sorry, it was AMF, the bowling machine company.
My MBA thesis was about Harley Davidson. A couple of little cited facts of the entire AMF ownership were:
1. AMF provided R&D funds for Harley. Without them the company could maintain where it was technology wise but never improve the product. End result would have been H-D going on the chopping block. Honda was very interested in that happening.
2. Some years later AMF sold off Harley at a time when that division was making more money than pretty much the rest of AMF combined. Why that was bad only AMF can say. But the official reason is AMF realized that the motorcycle/automotive industry was not suited to the company. Or vice versa. IOW while motorcycle riding can be considered a recreational pastime, it is not in the same recreational category as bowling. This caused a lot of duplication within AMF.

And BTW, I had a 77 Sportster that until my current H-D was the best bike I ever owned. Put 45,000 miles on it in Europe while stationed there for 4 years with Uncle Sam's Airline.

Eutycus

70 Cal.
Reaction score
A here I thought old fashioned revolvers would be safe from the "gun grabbers" for at least another generation.