Limit On Rounds Carried (A Joke!)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
You're right, of course, but I listed it as a joke! BTW, I have a friend that has a '73 Harley Sportster, I think they were under ownership of AMC at the time? Do you have one?
I did, until a 16 year old driver pulled out in front of me. Took insurance money and bought a new superglide to replace it. AMF owned it not amc.
Bike was hot rodded, 73 hp compared to the 35 it had from the factory. Expensive but fun.

Reaction score
Add to the stupidity of one Chief of Police (don't remember his name or city) talking about how people don't need modern stuff, because they are weapons of war and the wounds, he had seen inflicted by them were worse than any he'd ever seen while in combat. (He didn't specify when or where or with what branch he'd served,) By definition any long gun, or handgun ever produced for the last 1,000 years, including my New Army .44 C&B, is a weapon of war as firearms were originally designed to be used against armor clad knights in war, because bows & arrows were all but ineffective against such. Of course, cross bows were effective against armor, but by the time a crossbow could be loaded and cocked, you would have been ran down by said knight.

Ninering62

40 Cal
Reaction score
The Legislature, attempting to make 10-round limits uniform, have proposed to limit Muzzleloaders to 10 lead balls in a ball bag or possibles bag at any time! (Joke!)
Though I don't ever carry more than 3-4 loads for my muzzleloader when I'm hunting, I'm never ever going to concern myself with following any unconstitutional laws made by idiots that had no business making them to begin with. So thats just that. I'm far more inclined to focus on ridding my govt of those so called law makers & their laws than I'll ever be with following them.

alcessapiens

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Lindsay graham, after the DC”sniper “ (when all your shots were from under 100 yards, shooter might have been a better name), proposed a law banning “sniper rifles “. How he defined that was any center fire rifle with a telescopic sight. So… grandpa’s old 92 Winchester with a little 2 1/2 power Lyman Alaskan was a sniper rifle all along. Dumb people make dumber laws.

Reaction score
Do not take anything for granted. Many (most?) in public office have little knowledge of things regarding firearms. I used to be a lobbyist in Arkansas for 2ndA issues. One year, the House passed a bill that made use of "any metallic substance in a projectile" illegal. Even military and law enforcement were not exempted. I went to the Senate committee before it came up on the floor for a final vote and they deep sixed it. Ignorance is a dangerous thing.

Last edited:

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Though I don't ever carry more than 3-4 loads for my muzzleloader when I'm hunting, I'm never ever going to concern myself with following any unconstitutional laws made by idiots that had no business making them to begin with. So thats just that. I'm far more inclined to focus on ridding my govt of those so called law makers & their laws than I'll ever be with following them.
I was thinking a woods walk or nssa match

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what or where. It would still be an infringement. Saying you don't care is risky. Improper or not you could still handcuffed, arrested, detained and have to go through the lawyer and court thing. We need to be vigilant to prevent laws like this from being passed.

colimr

40 Cal
Reaction score
Lindsay graham, after the DC”sniper “ (when all your shots were from under 100 yards, shooter might have been a better name), proposed a law banning “sniper rifles “. How he defined that was any center fire rifle with a telescopic sight. So… grandpa’s old 92 Winchester with a little 2 1/2 power Lyman Alaskan was a sniper rifle all along. Dumb people make dumber laws.
So very true there are always people to elect those dumb people over and over. There is an old saying stupid is as stupid does and this is is our current political world

Last edited:

Ninering62

40 Cal
Reaction score
I got ya, I'd absolutely love to participate in something like that, just not with BP & PRB's. But ppl can ban together enough to put a stop to laws like that, that would completely eliminate all activities like that if you let some idiot make a law like that & then get it passed & that idiot stay in office. I love my country, I am no friend to my govt. They are two completely different things. And I've prob crossed way over the political boundaries here. Sorry for the rant.

Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
I did, until a 16 year old driver pulled out in front of me. Took insurance money and bought a new superglide to replace it. AMF owned it not amc.
Bike was hot rodded, 73 hp compared to the 35 it had from the factory. Expensive but fun.
Stroker? Jerry Branch? S&S? Sifton? Sounds like it was fun, throw some names out and tell me more please :thumb:

Last edited:

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
It's always been so throughout history. If someone feels he knows all about a subject he's the one who knows nothing. I've been around people who'd never had any experience or tutoring about snakes, deer, guns tell me that they know more about "it" than those wildlife people, scientists, etc. These statements were actually made to me and I still can't understand it.

Lynnhawk

32 Cal
Reaction score
The Legislature, attempting to make 10-round limits uniform, have proposed to limit Muzzleloaders to 10 lead balls in a ball bag or possibles bag at any time! (Joke!)
I am a muzzle load hunter and bow….for 60 years I have carried 4 arrows and 3 rounds for the MZ…1 loaded and 2speed loaders…never ran out of either ..ever..

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Stroker? Jerry Branch? S&S? Sifton? Sounds like it was fun, throw some names out and tell me more please :thumb:
D&S performance built it. Since retired to the Carolina s. Andrews cams, black diamond valves HD lifters, 10.5/1 forged pistons. Redline around 7,000 rpm and smooth all the way there. Ran smoother than my buddies Evo sportster .Came on like it was turbocharged 4,500 to 7,000. Shifts around 6,500. Would carry front tire thru 1-2 shift.
Like i said , fun !

Reaction score
D&S performance built it. Since retired to the Carolina s. Andrews cams, black diamond valves HD lifters, 10.5/1 forged pistons. Redline around 7,000 rpm and smooth all the way there. Ran smoother than my buddies Evo sportster .Came on like it was turbocharged 4,500 to 7,000. Shifts around 6,500. Would carry front tire thru 1-2 shift.
Like i said , fun !
My sportster, a 1994 Evo won me a lot of money. A consistent bracket racer.

Attachments

• 20221006_063110.jpg
    20221006_063110.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My sportster, a 1994 Evo won me a lot of money. A consistent bracket racer.
No wheelie bars on mine, never track raced. Would outrun the cammed 883 and a 1200 evo i rode with.
Told Dan , pump gas, idle at street lights, electronic ignition, and run with the co-workers katana.
He built and raced nitro funny bikes. Ironhead sportster based.