• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

LH large Siler tumbler?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedgoat44

32 Cal
Reaction score
My gunsmith is working on repairing my lock - it had become dangerous to use because it would only cock the hammer back it the set trigger was engaged first. My gunsmith says it has a broken tumbler, but that it has been impossible to find this part through ToW or Numrichs. Short of buying a new lock, he's out of ideas. I told him I'd ask here about where he might locate this part. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20221010-042323_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dixie Gun Works also had them in stock, but the lady didn't know if they were heat treated or not.

Chambers makes the locks. He has 4 or 5 lock assemblers making them from his castings. He will have the parts and do the repair.

Back