• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let's see your Belt or Rifleman's knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've cut back some due to COVID-19.:)

He makes LG and SM belt knives too. Always has a booth at the NMLRA shoots in Friendship. I fell in love with this one. Next thing I want is one of his pipe hawks with a matching flamed maple handle.

Do you do a lot of scalping?

9 1/2" blade of 01 steel, bone scales. Sheath by Dan Reese
1597337097278.png
1597337097278.png

BOB Mc BRIDE, I have two of Herschels knives took me a while to get them but there are top notch. I would really like to be able to get a hawk made by him. A few years ago at History meets the Arts in Gettysburg Pa. had the honor of talking to him great guy. On a side note I am still awaiting a reply from the builder of that brass barreled pistol of yours.

BOB Mc BRIDE, I have two of Herschels knives took me a while to get them but there are top notch. I would really like to be able to get a hawk made by him. A few years ago at History meets the Arts in Gettysburg Pa. had the honor of talking to him great guy. On a side note I am still awaiting a reply from the builder of that brass barreled pistol of yours.

They are tough to get ahold of for sure. I’ve met him a few times, not nearly as much as John and Frank. Lally is usually at the shows but not Hershel so much anymore. I’d love one of his hawks! EK just finished and posted a new gun on ALR day before yesterday. Did you go over there and PM him? He’s there almost daily.

Lally is a fun person to talk to they were raffling off a rifle. And I asked her if I won it would they ship it to me, her reply was no you have to come to the picnic to get it. Now I bet that would of been some shinning times. Was a wishing to win the rifle but no luck.

BOB I looked at EKs rifle the other day very nice weapon. No I had sent him a mail the other week he did respond with a few questions which I answered but have not heard back from him. The knives here posted are very nice. There is always a market for such craftsmanship.

Here are some pictures of my Billy Watson belt knife. My wife got it for me for Christmas in '91. Blade is 4 3/4" long.

Attachments

• DSCN0660.JPG
    DSCN0660.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0661.JPG
    DSCN0661.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0662.JPG
    DSCN0662.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN0664.JPG
    DSCN0664.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 184
I only have two knives that I’ve made, both are very sharp. The top is has a curly maple handle, I repurposed it from an old but her knife. The bottom one someday I may redo, it is a PMC blade blank, the handle is made from a piece of the Logan Elm where Chief Logan made his famous speech. I was able to get a small piece of it from a very good freind. The Logan Elm knife was my first, someday I may redo it and slim it down some day.

Attachments

• 800681AF-0186-4BAE-8AA6-A33795492B40.jpeg
    800681AF-0186-4BAE-8AA6-A33795492B40.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 223
Back