• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some squirrel rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This first one is a .32 Dixie Mountain rifle I converted to flint. Sold it a couple of years ago as it was a right hand gun.
Dixie32d.jpg

Next is my left handed .32
32cal4.jpg

32cal3.jpg

These are my hunting guns.
pedersoli jaeger .54. Pedersili Pensylvania .45 ,
my new Verner style .45(no blood yet) ,Pedersoli Bess and Made in India wall hanger(was suposed to be my next squirrel gun).
I've taken squirrels with the .54, .45 and bess enough to fill the freezer.
On the pensylvania I put a peep sigth and tunnel front, deadly accurate.
HPIM2312.jpg

Vtsmoker said:
Dang! I ain't even finished my fowler the other thread convinced me I "needed". Now I got to get me a tree rat gun. When does it stop? :surrender: :rotf:
It doesn't. :rotf:
Cruzatte

WOW, Some pretty hard core serious squirrel hunters with some nice toys.
Well I might as well add something to the mix.

the light colored rifle is a 40 cal, the dark one is a 32 cal

coonX4.jpg

Some really beautiful guns guys!! I'm thinking now of doing a .32 but not sure which school to tackle maybe a Lehigh :hmm: :hmm: Ed

Keep the eye candy coming!!!

I've told the story on these coons before. So those that have read it before, please skip. My partner and I was out squirrel hunting and ran into this heard of coon. I have ran coon hounds for years so I have skinned my share of coons. These four would grade XXL. I remember when coon sold for real money. One friend of mine, no longer with us, once sold a coon at auction for $118.00 FOR ONE RACCOON! That was about 1974, 75.
I skinned these out and gave them to my deer butcher for his brother that was trapping some coon. I figure these averaged about 25 pounds each. When I handed them to my friend I told him to throw the bag on the scale. The four hides came in at 27 pounds. These four are NOT average Ontario coon. They are big no matter where you are hunting. I have shot bigger. but only one or two and not very much bigger. My biggest was 54 inches long when I hung the hide on a nail after skinning. Guys that have skinned lots of coon know that they do measure long when you do this but even so it was on whopper of a coon.

PJC

That's old school. :thumbsup: I did my share of musquash and coon trappin/huntin when I was a kid growing up in Lower Michigan back in the '70s-early '80s.

Wow Swampy, very nice rifle!
I would love to have one of those.

I finished this one last night, the last pic is five inches low of the bull first two shot at forty. She puts down about a nickel sized group at 40 after I filed the sight.

Rifleshooting022-1.jpg

Rifleshooting024.jpg

Rifleshooting027.jpg

I'm resurrecting this old ghost because, well, there needs to be more eye candy and with new members and older members acquiring things, maybe we could add some more pages to it. 😁

Back