• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lets see some percussion revolvers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engraved Uberti Pocket Navy--real cut engraving, not the cheap laser or etched stuff:
EngravedPocketNavy.jpg
EngrPocketNavy.JPG

My 1860s. The top one is a Pietta, and that’s the gun I used to get my NYS concealed carry license back in the day. 🤣
Bottom one is an Uberti. Been a PITA since day one. I need to replace the nipples one of these times so the caps stay on better.
Recently got a Kerr mould from Eras Gone, and can’t wait to try the new bullets!
Jay

" CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK 1960 NEW MODEL ARMY " on top of barrel. , I was told this was Belgium made. Civil War 100 year ? Anybody know more ? Nice's action , and tight , might be even better quality than the 2nd generations Colts I own.

Attachments

• P1040716.JPG
    P1040716.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P1040717.JPG
    P1040717.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 104
  • P1040718.JPG
    P1040718.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 102
" CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK 1960 NEW MODEL ARMY " on top of barrel. , I was told this was Belgium made. Civil War 100 year ? Anybody know more ? Nice's action , and tight , might be even better quality than the 2nd generations Colts I own.
That's a beauty, sadly got out bid on one of those recently :(

Hello, haven't been here for a while.
Together with my Texas pard Panhandle Paden we are behind the transatlantic Centaure research project you can read about on the Centaure & FROCS website www.1960nma.org.
I noted the above Centaure pics of Bill Rowe - Centaure Regular New Model Army 1st variation (probably) 2nd sub-variation - and Smoothian with a Centaure Civilian and two RNMAs.
If at all possible I'd like to receive the serial numbers and possible other detailed infos of these rare Colt licensed Belgian made 1860 Army pattern pistols.
The objective here is to do a classification and add the data of these Centaures to the Centaure data base ... which is available to all Centaure students and collectors around the globe.
A contact in confidence through a PM at [email protected] is highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Long Johns Wolf

The civilian model has a lighter wood for the grips, silver plated backstrap and trigger guard, different shaped trigger. Also they went to a lot of trouble to make the engraving on the cylinder very crisp, more than the ormsby roll engraving which is one one of my regular centaures.

The civilian was only made in the first of production in 1965, they made 500, only about 30 are registered on the 1960.org
website, so if you find one grab it, they were made from the original colt drawings and hand finished. Lots of info on the website.

This is my latest acquisition, a Traditions-branded Pietta Dance Bros. revolver, along with my 1992-vintage Uberti 1851 Navy, which I bought that year at Dixon's in Kempton, PA.

The wedge was driven in too tightly from the factory, and the gun was in dire need of a detail strip, deep cleaning from leftover metal shavings, and some internal deburring. It now works very smoothly and is an accurate shooter. I really like it. Interestingly, even though I bought it last month from Jedidiah Starr, the date code is from 2008.

Dance-Navy.jpg

The Dance was splitting RWS caps badly so I put a set of Treso AMPCO nipples on it since the pic was taken. Crummy weather has kept me from getting to the range to try it with the new nipples so far.

Back