• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some percussion revolvers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the first 500 hundred Navy Arms 1858 Remingtons produced. Navy Arms back then was in Bogota, New Jersey and it's so marked. Made in 1961, SN 4xx I acquired it last year, it appears unfired.
RemArmy.jpg
RemArmy.jpg

This pair of stainless Walker repros came from the estate of a Chief Petty Officer who used to run the "pistol gallery" at Bisley during the "Imperial Meeting". He couldn't remember who made them, except that he thought they came from an Irishman. I took them to the USA for sale -- they probably went to AMOSKEAG (Manchester, NH) who are extremely professional and trustworthy.
What do you notice about them ? ;-)))))

Attachments

• walker pair 1.jpg
    walker pair 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 126
Having seen lots of Colts . Remingtons in original and replica plus a few really nice old English pistols here, I like to show You the One and Only revolver I own so far .
Since I don't like the ( for my hand ) too small handles , I've sold all of them for being able to purchase this one :

I love this Deane&Son Adams Beaumont .

It's a much better shooter than I am ...

20200912_221426.jpg
20200912_221503.jpg

This pair of stainless Walker repros came from the estate of a Chief Petty Officer who used to run the "pistol gallery" at Bisley during the "Imperial Meeting". He couldn't remember who made them, except that he thought they came from an Irishman. I took them to the USA for sale -- they probably went to AMOSKEAG (Manchester, NH) who are extremely professional and trustworthy.
What do you notice about them ? ;-)))))
They are a "mirror image" pair ---- EVERYTHING on the "top" revolver is reversed ! As they were made at least 40 years ago that must have taken some doing without CNC.

Attachments

• walker pair 1.jpg
    walker pair 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 73
This morning I went to GunBroker as I often do to 'window shop', perusing the available c&b revolvers. Just for fun I decided to look at the antique 1860 Colt revolvers, maybe I'd sell my reproduction 1860 revolvers for an original. Well.
I'm sad to report that 95% of the Colt 1860 revolvers offered were dogs ( apologies to dogs everywhere ). Poorly refinished guns, mismatched parts, there's one 'engraved ' 1860 for $7500 which looks like it was laser engraved 5yrs ago. Very disappointing.

I like everything in this picture. I love the gun's finish, the patina to my eye is exactly why I like aged finish. The grips too are fine work, properly worn, a little oil soaked.. lovely.
For the same reasons I like the old 19th century flat iron also in the picture. I like old looking things.

My Griswold got to see some action at midnight. It was my New Years noise maker this year. Charged up a couple cylinders full of FFF and seated a felt wad on top. Make for a nice flash in the dark.
View attachment 56819

And I'm curious Wattlebuster if you used to shoot SASS about 20 years ago in the new england region. I shot a pair of 58 remingtons in silver and gold and there was always someone there who was really good shooting army colts.

This morning I went to GunBroker as I often do to 'window shop', perusing the available c&b revolvers. Just for fun I decided to look at the antique 1860 Colt revolvers, maybe I'd sell my reproduction 1860 revolvers for an original. Well.
I'm sad to report that 95% of the Colt 1860 revolvers offered were dogs ( apologies to dogs everywhere ). Poorly refinished guns, mismatched parts, there's one 'engraved ' 1860 for $7500 which looks like it was laser engraved 5yrs ago. Very disappointing.
gunsamerica and guns international tend to get the nicer collectible stuff. And if you want to spend, sign up for the rock island auction catalog.

Back