• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some percussion revolvers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a little better picture of the revolvers...
DSC00010_zpssxoik7sm.jpg

A quick snapshot of my BR revolvers. (And my cooler lid.) I got these three in September and October of this year, 2020. The top gun is an Uberti copy of a Remington 1858 New Improved Navy. The middle gun is a Pietta copy of the 1851 Sherriff's revolver in 36 cal. also. At first, I just wanted a Remington replica because of the stronger frame provided by the top strap. But I quickly realized that I also wanted a Colt replica, also in 36 cal. Why 36 cal.? The paper targets that I shoot aren't all that tough. ;)

After shooting these for a few weeks and realizing that the cold weather was coming on I decided I also wanted a gun with a spur trigger because... well, because. The approach of cold weather is especially important to me because these old arthritic fingers aren't capable of the fine motor skills required to cap a revolver cone when they get cold. The bottom gun is the Pietta replica of the Remington New Model Pocket revolver in 31 caliber. It's really cute. I only got to take it out once before I had to give up, but come spring I will be terrorizing the concentric circles and hanging steels.

I enjoy shooting the C&B guns because I can rip through a full box of 9mm in the time it takes me to load a cylinder with powder and ball. BP is MUCHO cheaper.
PC270008.JPG

I bought my first Colt 2nd gen Navy around 1972. It was a cased Robert E. Lee commemorative. I then traded that for a cased double set with both the RE Lee and the US Grant. There were only 250 double sets made, but somebody made a deal I couldn't refuse so I let the double go and then just got their standard 1851 Navy. I bought their 3rd model Dragoon when it came out in 1975 and later their 1860 army around 1978 or 79. Then I got married and just quit.

However, after retiring in 2007, I made up for lost time and have a safe full of them now

Here are all 11 standard Colt 2nd gen models from the Walker to the 1862 pockets
S6qAQpe.jpg

Here are some of my cased models. The cased Walker is a 3rd gen and of course, the SAA is not a Colt or even a percussion. It a Uberti movie copy of the Pistol Kurt Russell used as Wyatt Earp in tombstone
2Cf9FxE.jpg

I ended up winning a single boxed RE Lee and a US Grant with matched serial numbers so I ordered a custom Bill Shumate case to recreate that double set I traded off back in the 1970s
Ff1wlSF.jpg

Then later, Mr. Shumate had an extra Colt London style case that somebody had canceled so he listed it for sale on the Colt forum. I bought it and put two of my 4 RE Lee's in it since they were the only 2nd gen production in any numbers with round trigger guards.
They really show off nice in the OD lined case.
SdIzSvz.jpg

Here's two Colt 2nd gen sequentially numbered 1861 Navies that I picked up in a Morphy's auction for a bid of $600 plus premium in total for both. That's about the going price for one in the market place now so it's like one was free.
OkmvvMO.jpg

Lastly, last year I won an unissued M1840 heavy saber made by Emerson & Silver for the New Jersey Volunteer cavalry during the ACW, so I put this little vignette together of what a well dressed Union cavalryman might have carried in sidearms. First, an 1860 Army in his belt holster, then two 2nd model Dragoons in pommel holsters plus an original S & W model 1 second issue tip-up .22 short revolver that many Union soldiers carried as a backup
2kcvFq3.jpg

Cheers

Im being brutally honest but I just about nutted from those pictures!

Have any of you guys noticed that after a page or two you no longer get "alerts" on some of these threads? Or is it just my imagination? I'm enjoying this one on C+B revolvers so much that I feel I need to reply.

Here are two I like to shoot. Especially the Cattleman. The Remington was a kit and I made a box for it.

Attachments

• IMG_6523.jpg
    IMG_6523.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    IMG_6526.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 143
HELL, I don't count mine, I weight them!
View attachment 55759

I don't have most of them anymore. A thief broke into my house and stole 12 of them 3 years ago. The police recovered one of them at a pawn shop.
thats why i dont have gun cabinets or display my mine, only shows thieves what you have and where to find them, usually somebody bragging about your collection!!!!!!!!

A couple of revolvers from my collection. The Deane-Harding & Deane is the easiest ML revolver to clean as the barrel tips down on most variants or up on the rare "last model". The early ones had a problem in that there was only ONE spring powering the trigger return AND the bolt. For more details see "The Revolver 1818-1865" by Tony Taylerson, Chapter XII (12). This is a book every aficionado of ML revolver should have.

Attachments

• JFH008 (DHD2) & 010 (DHD3)  RHS.JPG
    JFH008 (DHD2) & 010 (DHD3) RHS.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 126
Back