• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some of those Long Rifles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_25081.jpg

Can anybody identiify the trigger guard?

P1020108.jpg

P1000787.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1030430.jpg

I have another swivel breech in processing.
P1010803.jpg

Swiveldeer.jpg

P1000722.jpg

Dale Johnson lock by Jim Chambers Flintlocks.
P1030402.jpg

P1030307.jpg

P1030294.jpg

P1030304.jpg

P1030262.jpg

Its based on a Dickert. But is heavier than the original being a traditional match rifle it weighs 17 pounds 12 ounces.

It shoots pretty good too.
P1030530.jpg

Perchawken004lr.jpg

This one has JP Beck carving from the rifle in Cody and was made with a rifled and smoothbore barrel which the current owner is having straight rifled.
DSC03572-1.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

Not long rifles but useful.
IMGP0957.jpg

P1010149.jpg

Dan

jdkerstetter said:
Cheyenne said:
Can anybody identiify the trigger guard?
Looks like a reworked Southern mountain guard to me.

Enjoy, J.D.

Tip Curtis built this rifle..Frontier shop Cross Plains Ten.

This is his version of a blend of Southern-Tennessee rifle..

Very shooter friendly trigger guard.

Didn't I.D. it as one of Tip's but was pretty much spot on. Yea me.

Yea, I like it. It has an interesting look. I will have to check him out at Dixon's tomorrow and see one for myself. I think I would like it a little better if the rail was parallel to the wrist but that's an easy fix.

By the way, nice gun. Your comb to wrist transition is particularly well pulled off. I love your choice of stock wood and great color for it too.

Thanks and Enjoy, J.D.

You know, a lot of people look down their noses at a T/C Hawken...but I always liked, and now miss, the trigger guards on them...they had a rear curved hook piece like that and it was indeed 'shooter friendly'...wish my Virginia trigger guards had a rear 'hook' on them

jdkerstetter said:
Didn't I.D. it as one of Tip's but was pretty much spot on. Yea me.

Yea, I like it. It has an interesting look. I will have to check him out at Dixon's tomorrow and see one for myself. I think I would like it a little better if the rail was parallel to the wrist but that's an easy fix.

By the way, nice gun. Your comb to wrist transition is particularly well pulled off. I love your choice of stock wood and great color for it too.

Thanks and Enjoy, J.D.

Thanks!..The more I shoot it the more I like it!..
Been shooting 1/2 pieces of sidewalk chalk with it at 35 yard off hand for practice...will work this out to 50 yards before the squirrel season opens Sept 15 th.
Tip is an interesting guy...I too thought the guard should be parallel.. Till I shot it.
Been pondering a big game caliber on the same rifle format.
Got a thing for ash and walnut wood.
Almost dropped my teeth when I took the barrel off and saw how much thinner an A weight golden age barrel is made.(Shot nothing but factory guns since 1982)
Would someone please kick me for not doing this sooner. :slap:
At the moment small calibers are my favorite.

roundball said:
You know, a lot of people look down their noses at a T/C Hawken...but I always liked, and now miss, the trigger guards on them...they had a rear curved hook piece like that and it was indeed 'shooter friendly'...wish my Virginia trigger guards had a rear 'hook' on them
I think the lines of the non hooked guards look better but....
The hooked guard functions better for me.

Hunter-plinker at heart(with accuracy in mind)this is my squirrel rifle.
Fits into the box of wanting a solid flint rifle and got just what I wanted.
Fits great,shoots good,easy on the eyes...life is good!
Feel sorry for the corral of T/C's collecting dust right next to the cf's.
Is there really a cure? :grin:

Back